Working when hungover

AAWWWW!! drink more! it makes you slow and confused and it makes you love me

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

:lol: Drinking turns me into a complete softie. Last night I only decided to go out because I wanted to see a friend of mine who I never see much but he's great. I happen to despise his girlfriend, we've already had a cat fight etc. and by the end of the night I was like 'Oh you'll have to come round for dinner soon you guys'. I woke up this morning and was like wtf why was I so nice to that bitch.

:lol: Drinking turns me into a complete softie. Last night I only decided to go out because I wanted to see a friend of mine who I never see much but he's great. I happen to despise his girlfriend, we've already had a cat fight etc. and by the end of the night I was like 'Oh you'll have to come round for dinner soon you guys'. I woke up this morning and was like wtf why was I so nice to that bitch.

Because deep down, you want to be a domestic housewife.

Meh. For me the idea of being a domestic housewife means mental supression and loss of independance, but that's because I'm not that kinda woman. I know some people are happy with being at home, I couldn't be.

If you're mentally supressed as a house wife, that's your own fault. There's plenty of things you can do to stimulate yourself mentally.

Loss of independance? I can udnerstand the need to take care of kids, but while they're at school, you'll have free regin to do what you want at your own pace.

I know being a house wife is hard work, but it's hardly a loss of independance.

It's not the hard work. I couldn't be a housewife for the same reason I couldn't be unemployed - I can't keep myself entertained and having a job gives meaning to my time out of work. That's the only reason that I work, so that my time is precious, and if I was at home all day kids or no kids I'd get depressed because I can't keep myself busy enough, have enough hobbies etc. My boyfriend is the opposite, we've discussed kids and he'd love to stay at home all the time instead of working and he can sit and do stuff all day very happily. I couldn't be at home all day, it would drive me mad.

Just my opinion/self man, I have nothing against housewives and I'm not trying to belitte them.

It's not the hard work. I couldn't be a housewife for the same reason I couldn't be unemployed - I can't keep myself entertained and having a job gives meaning to my time out of work. That's the only reason that I work, so that my time is precious, and if I was at home all day kids or no kids I'd get depressed because I can't keep myself busy enough, have enough hobbies etc. My boyfriend is the opposite, we've discussed kids and he'd love to stay at home all the time instead of working and he can sit and do stuff all day very happily. I couldn't be at home all day, it would drive me mad.

Just my opinion/self man, I have nothing against housewives and I'm not trying to belitte them.

I understand, but you'd have work to do (i.e. keep the house in good shape) During your downtime, you could enjoy the outdoors which is something us cube dwellers wouldn't be able to do.

Nah man, if I'm working the man is doing the tidying up. I suppose it's my own upbringing too, my mum has always worked every single day, so much so that I don't even remember her from my childhood at all. My dad was the parent who brought us up and stayed at home, so I guess it seems right to me that I should work and he can stay at home.

Nah man, if I'm working the man is doing the tidying up. I suppose it's my own upbringing too, my mum has always worked every single day, so much so that I don't even remember her from my childhood at all. My dad was the parent who brought us up and stayed at home, so I guess it seems right to me that I should work and he can stay at home.

yahhhhhhh that's really in the minority :fly:

Personally I don't care if it's the mother or the father, but at least one of them should stay at home when there's a kid.

Why should a woman be the one at home? It's a bit sexist really.

Plus it entirely depends on what kind of woman you are, my mum openly admits she has no maternal instincts and I think I'm quite similar. She doesn't faun over babies, went straight back to work without getting all emotional etc.

So is expecting a man to stay at home. Reverse sexism :fly:

All I'm saying is that in 90%+ of the cases where a parent stays at home to watch children, the dad isn't it :hs:

So is expecting a man to stay at home. Reverse sexism :fly:

All I'm saying is that in 90%+ of the cases where a parent stays at home to watch children, the dad isn't it :hs:

It's not reverse sexism at all, I wouldn't EXPECT a man to stay at home anymore than he should EXPECT me to stay home. The one who's most happy not to work can stay at home.

And I totally get that Coqui but I think your own parents have a huge influence on your life and you as a person and I've never had a very mother-daughter relationship with my mum so I can just see it happening with me and my kids. I've never even hugged my mother, I tried to hug her about 2 years ago and she freaked out and left. :lol:

Well you just pissed off a few of the female members here.

not i. each to her own.
that said, there is no way to know how any man or woman would handle staying at home. and often, people find it's different in one way or another than they thought it'd be. then you adjust so you DON'T end up sinking. awareness, honesty, and consideration is key. it's all a learning experience.

drinking: hangovers for me mean achy legs. that's all i've ever gotten, unless i don't get enough sleep. greasy food seems to help, along with water and meds, like it's been stated before. and next time, careful consideration of time and amount consumed. :fly:

i hope you have made it through the day and are tucked away in bed for awhile. it sucks to be so tired and not be able to do anything about it. :(

and i kinda want a turn nestling in the kikibosom, too. :eek: