Why my bank holiday was ruined

can't argue the numbers man...they are what they are :p

I see Heathrow as busiest in that list too. Two runways dealing with that amount of traffic makes it busy. I don't know if he's landed at Georgia - I'll ask him when he's home.

I don't think you understand what they were arrested for..

I think I understand. All I'm saying is that the police had no real crime, they can pretend they had intent as much as they like, unless somebody is imminently about to commit a crime or is in the process of, how can it be a rightful arrest? It is not against the law to protest, which is pretty much all that you can foresee happening no matter what homemade aids they have with them.

World's busiest airport is a claim that is fiercely fought over by the owners of the world's largest airports. The definition of busiest has been specified by the Airports Council International in Geneva, Switzerland.[1] The ACI defines and measures the following 3 types of airport traffic:

Passenger traffic
total passengers enplaned and deplaned, passengers in transit counted once[2]
Cargo traffic
loaded and unloaded freight and mail in metric tonnes[3]
Traffic movements
landings and take-offs of aircraft[4]
The following airports have variously made claims (or had claims made for them):

[edit] Busiest Airports
The following airports make claims based on objective volume measures that are well defined and widely accepted within the aviation industry:[citation needed]

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia, United States:

Largest number of passengers annually. (1998–2008)[5]
Most arrivals and departures ("operations") annually. (1999–2000, 2005–2007).[6] In 2007, Hartsfield again set the world's record for most aircraft movements in one year with 994,346.[7]
Most flights (2006).[8]
Memphis International Airport, Memphis, Tennessee, United States

Most cargo traffic by weight annually. (1993–present)[9]

[edit] Other current claims
The following airports also make claims based on objective measures, but some of the claims are based on traffic classification:

London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom
Largest number of internationally-bound passengers annually (2004–present)[10]
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, California, United States
Largest number of "origin and destination" (non-connecting) passengers annually (2001–present)[11]
Van Nuys Airport, Los Angeles, California, United States
World's busiest general aviation airport (take-offs and landings annually)[12].
Frankfurt International Airport, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Most international destinations served.

Now that we have resolved that, next topic please.

I see Heathrow as busiest in that list too. Two runways dealing with that amount of traffic makes it busy. I don't know if he's landed at Georgia - I'll ask him when he's home.

Largest number of internationally-bound passengers annually (2004–present)...that in no way makes it the busiest airport...come on man :lol:

I think I understand. All I'm saying is that the police had no real crime, they can pretend they had intent as much as they like, unless somebody is imminently about to commit a crime or is in the process of, how can it be a rightful arrest? It is not against the law to protest, which is pretty much all that you can foresee happening no matter what homemade aids they have with them.

The police don't have to prove a crime to arrest someone. To arrest someone the police simply need probable cause. And since these people were headed to this power plant with bolt cutters, it's safe to say the police saw probable cause of these protesters breaking in onto private property. The courts will later decide if anyone is to be charged with a crime.

it is against the law to trespass. it's also against the law to conspire to commit a crime.

if they wanted to protest they should have picketed in front of the place, not planned to break in. that would probably have been lawful. (IANAL)

the search and confiscation of material from their house(s) is necessary to prove their charges of conspiracy, however i'm sure there was probable cause and a warrant required before they performed the search.

Last edited:
The police don't have to prove a crime to arrest someone. To arrest someone the police simply need probable cause. And since these people were headed to this power plant with bolt cutters, it's safe to say the police saw probable cause of these protesters breaking in onto private property. The courts will later decide if anyone is to be charged with a crime.

It's not because they saw a crime about to be committed, it was a ruse to disperse just like everything else the police in this country do. They're not just, they don't uphold the law and in fact none of them seem to even know the law anyway, they're just rent-a-mob mindless idiots. All they do is disperse and use tactics to wrongfully detain and arrest people.

it is against the law to trespass. it's also against the law to conspire to commit a crime.

if they wanted to protest they should have picketed in front of the place, not planned to break in. that would probably have been lawful. (IANAL)

I'd love to know how they knew about this 'conspiracy' to be honest, it'd be damn interesting to find out.

And who says that they would have gained entry or attempted to, who's to say they weren't going to stand infront of the building with pickets? How exactly do you know?

It's not because they saw a crime about to be committed, it was a ruse to disperse just like everything else the police in this country do. They're not just, they don't uphold the law and in fact none of them seem to even know the law anyway, they're just rent-a-mob mindless idiots. All they do is disperse and use tactics to wrongfully detain and arrest people.

They've done nothing wrong in this situation.. Trust me, I'm the first to say the only good cops are the ones pushing up the daisies.

And as for searching the property they don't do that because of this crime, my old house has been raided multiple times, the police would love a reason to confiscate property from my old house and other certain houses because they're employed to oppress and follow orders and certain activities make people a target for the police. They won't convict or charge anybody, they just loved the excuse to go through people of interest's belongings.

They've done nothing wrong in this situation.. Trust me, I'm the first to say the only good cops are the ones pushing up the daisies.

I'm actually not so much annoyed at the pigs, who I can't stand anyway, but I'm annoyed at how they managed to find out about it in the first place, it poses a pretty big threat if they can find informations like that from an unknown source.