Ontopic What do you want to spend your $1200 on?

yeah it shouldn't really be called a "stimulus," I think it's really going to be relief for a lot of people, but people are in different situations where some will need the relief, and others can afford to spend it on dumb shit. because it's a one-time payment, but a lot of people are going to need more relief than this one-time payment can provide, I agree with your wife that I'd rather see it saved or donated than spent on dumb shit, but I also know that it can be hard to resist the allure of dumb shit, especially when you can't normally afford that stuff.
And actually a lot of "dumb shit" that you could buy would benefit the economy as a whole. Spending/donating is a good thing for everyone, saving it is a good thing for the individual. If people can afford to spend it they should. It will help others who need it to change hands.

Last edited:
so twitter told me that this $1200 thingamajig y’all are getting is actually your own tax money or something .. like you’re getting your own money in advance

wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so twitter told me that this $1200 thingamajig y’all are getting is actually your own tax money or something .. like you’re getting your own money in advance

wow

It's an advance on a newly created tax credit. So technically our tax burden for this year is reduced by $1200, we're just getting it now instead of after returns.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD

wow

According to the email I received from congress, the $1200 will not affect our tax returns.

so as long as you’re not paying it back i guess that 1200 is cool cuz lord knows thats all you need to help y’all out of this mess

I'd be cool with a thousand per month for the next 60 years.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
With Fiat, there's no such thing as money period. It's made up.
There's no such thing as objective value, period.

Everything is worth only what we fancy it to be worth as a collective species, so your obsession with gold as a standard is about as cromulent as pinning the worth of a dollar to the number of sperm I emitted into socks as a teenager.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
The labor and work and time and product, etc. we're forced to exchange to get it is the value. The folks that "create" it and loan it to the government don't do that, they just will it into existence.
You or I try that we go to prison.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and OOD