Ontopic What do you want to spend your $1200 on?

Getting a dog, or paying bills if my UC is still borked. Between pet deposit and adoption fees and dog gear it's fairly expensive and there are "more important" things I need big chunks of money going to.

I'm not so sure they expect people to blow it. A fuckton of people are going to use it to eat and pay rent.
Yep, this is a "make sure the capitalists are paid" stimulus.

I slipped a disc last month, so my stimulus money will be going to pay for that insured care. #AmericanHealthCare
Make the minimum payment required. Then default on payments until they either renegotiate for a lower total or it gets turned over to a collection agency, where's its usually even easier to erase the debt. All while having zero impact on your credit.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Make the minimum payment required. Then default on payments until they either renegotiate for a lower total or it gets turned over to a collection agency, where's its usually even easier to erase the debt. All while having zero impact on your credit.

I’ve heard that this is (or at least used to be) one of the reasons for a rise in the cost of healthcare. If people know they can escape the debt by paying the minimum etc, then the provider just charges an inflated price for the service. They still get theirs.

If I somehow end up with the “stimulus”, I’m getting my eyes checked and new glasses. My glasses are an old prescription and when I had health issues last summer, my left eye got better somehow and the correction was instantly too strong on that eye. Weird shit.

I’ve heard that this is (or at least used to be) one of the reasons for a rise in the cost of healthcare. If people know they can escape the debt by paying the minimum etc, then the provider just charges an inflated price for the service. They still get theirs.

They wouldnt have to seek escape from the debt if the fuckers didnt charge 80$ for an aspirin

They wouldnt have to seek escape from the debt if the fuckers didnt charge 80$ for an aspirin

Exactly. I was on a prescription for almost a year that was $250 a pill, twice a day. Getting injured at work instead of at home saved me from forking that out. I know personal insurance would’ve had some weird limit or something.

If I somehow end up with the “stimulus”, I’m getting my eyes checked and new glasses. My glasses are an old prescription and when I had health issues last summer, my left eye got better somehow and the correction was instantly too strong on that eye. Weird shit.

I'm spending mine at a Mexican dentist. It'll stretch farther down there.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and nukes
be sure to get your full prescription from the eye doc, including pupillary distance so you can order glasses for 30 bucks from one of the online sites rather than paying 400 bucks at the office