Well it's about that time

Jesus, cut Luis a little slack. He only knows what he has been told by nurses, docs and friends. Personally two of my friends told me they had 10 or less stitches. One having only 3. It's not routine at our hosptial at all... they prefer to let you naturally tear.

Yes, it looks like a 6-7 pound baby. I've been measuring extremely average the whole time with ultrasounds and just uterine size. Most of my friends were weighing in a lot heavier baby sizes than mine was at various points. I was worried that mine would be tiny until I read the averages. So far I seem dead on with a friend who had her baby a few months ago and it was about 6.5 pounds.
Keep in mind I'm 5' and a size 2 (well was a size 2) and have gained less than average as well. My mom only had 6 pound babies too.

For those who gave advice, thanks.

Actually the DS will be for him. I'll have my cell phone which has my music, books, bejeweled and solitare on it. In addition it has my complete addresss book, internet access and all that fun stuff. So he can play all he wants on his DS ;)

My list is a bit off from his, but similar

Personal fan for white noise
cell phone & charger
camera & charger
my clothes to go home in
baby's clothes to go home in (snow suit too)... no special outfit needed as we aren't wasting our money on hospital pics. We'll do it at home.
cheapy gown, robe & flip flops for after delivery (possibly shorts for underneath)
cloth diapers to get baby scent on to take home to cats
DVDs
alarm clock
hard candies & snacks
probably my vitamins since I haven't taken a pre-natal (stomach can't handle them). Not sure if they carry gummy vitamins or not ;)
My shampoo, conditioner and facial wash
Pillows

I need to find a nursing bra... not easy for me at the moment since no one carries them in my size except online (and yeah, I am not planning on buying one that I have no idea how it *really* fits)

hay, welcome back and best of luck to you both :heart:

tell him the deadskins suck :lol:

hay, welcome back and best of luck to you both :heart:

tell him the deadskins suck :lol:
Thanks! I usually hang out elsewhere with my Disney freak friends and admittedly forget about this place :eek:

And yeah...no, I actually want to live to see this child be born ;)

I'm glad you are surgically inclined.

They don't just stitch up the outside .. they have to cut through several layers of flesh and muscle .. it'sn ot a "simple" one inch cut. You make it sound like you can just slap a bandaide on and walk on out of there.

They have to stitch each layer they cut.

I had a 9lb 11oz baby .. and I wasn't big enough to push him out on my own (there was no tearing) and I didn't want a C-section .. so I had a full episiotomy.

I love when people try to talk to me like I don't know anything, when I already know the answer; makes it even better when it's something I've experienced. :lol:

You misread my intention. I just couldn't fathom 75 stitches in that small of an area. I wasn't trying to imply you were wrong or anything like that. My apologies

My list is a bit off from his, but similar

Personal fan for white noise
cell phone & charger
camera & charger
my clothes to go home in
baby's clothes to go home in (snow suit too)... no special outfit needed as we aren't wasting our money on hospital pics. We'll do it at home.
cheapy gown, robe & flip flops for after delivery (possibly shorts for underneath)
cloth diapers to get baby scent on to take home to cats
DVDs
alarm clock
hard candies & snacks
probably my vitamins since I haven't taken a pre-natal (stomach can't handle them). Not sure if they carry gummy vitamins or not ;)
My shampoo, conditioner and facial wash
Pillows

I need to find a nursing bra... not easy for me at the moment since no one carries them in my size except online (and yeah, I am not planning on buying one that I have no idea how it *really* fits)

Yea, I forgot my phone charger and my phone was dead by the second day and my in room hone wouldn't let me call outside the hospital. It made things interesting while trying to get ahold of Knyte to come get us and having him bring a couple things. On that note, remember empty memory cards for your computer. I had plenty of memory but they were all full of pics I hadn't put on a computer yet.

Yea, I forgot my phone charger and my phone was dead by the second day and my in room hone wouldn't let me call outside the hospital. It made things interesting while trying to get ahold of Knyte to come get us and having him bring a couple things. On that note, remember empty memory cards for your computer. I had plenty of memory but they were all full of pics I hadn't put on a computer yet.

Fortunately we can make local calls, just not long distance calls (they recommend pre-paid calling cards for that) I think we'll be bringing about 3 Gb of flash cards that will be freshly formatted. (I doubt we'll even us 1 GB but you never know :p)

Fortunately we can make local calls, just not long distance calls (they recommend pre-paid calling cards for that) I think we'll be bringing about 3 Gb of flash cards that will be freshly formatted. (I doubt we'll even us 1 GB but you never know :p)
we have a 1 GB CF card?

I don't care about making calls on my cell phone as much as being able to read, play my games, go online and... oh wait, have everyone's phone number/e-mail to call/send pics to. Like I even know my sister's home phone number let alone work number to call her ;)

we have a 1 GB CF card?

I don't care about making calls on my cell phone as much as being able to read, play my games, go online and... oh wait, have everyone's phone number/e-mail to call/send pics to. Like I even know my sister's home phone number let alone work number to call her ;)

I thought we did. If not, we have tons of 512 cards

Thanks! I usually hang out elsewhere with my Disney freak friends and admittedly forget about this place :eek:

And yeah...no, I actually want to live to see this child be born ;)

if he gets pissed off this weekend, feel free to blame me because we're squaring off in fantasy football this week and he's about to lose :fly::heart:

Last edited:
we have a 1 GB CF card?

Good luck with the birth of your child. :heart:

Hail the Redskins. At least the Redskins have gone to the Super Bowl more than once and have won multiple times unlike the Falcons.

I thought we did. If not, we have tons of 512 cards
Okay, I think I only have a bunch of 256 cards, but doesn't matter. I doubt we'll take that many or run down the batteries that much ;)

LOL no comment on fantasy football... I didn't realize he was still doing much with that!

Eileen, I am excited as one can be thinking about pushing out about 7 pounds of baby out of a tiny little openng ;) I'm really looking forward to the end result though. Luis wouldn't probably get this, but it feels like this is taking freaking forever to get a little one. If I knew way back then what I know now, I wouldn't have waited so long to even try fo rone.