Well it's about that time

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
Well I need to make sure we have our labor kit ready for when she goes into labor. She's officially listed at full term with the Due Date being December 8. So I would love to have some advice as to what things to add to the labor pack so we can actually be ready for when it happens.

So far:
Change of clothes
Toiletries
Toilet Paper
Ibuprofen
Nintendo DS's
Pillows
Olive Oil (apparently it will help with the pain)
Camera
nursing pad
nursing bra
diapers
hair clip/band
call list
visual for pain
Gum

What else should I add to this? Any other additions?

Last edited:
Well I need to make sure we have our labor kit ready for when she goes into labor. She's officially listed at full term with the Due Date being December 8. So I would love to have some advice as to what things to add to the labor pack so we can actually be ready for when it happens.

So far:
Change of clothes
Toiletries
Toilet Paper
Ibuprofen
Nintendo DS's
Pillows
Olive Oil (apparently it will help with the pain)

What else should I add to this? Any other additions?

In all of Kiwi's labors she's been way to busy to be bored, and come to think of it so have I. After the birth you'll probably need some kind of entertainment while the hospital squares things away though.

For most labors, you will have time to watch a movie or play around in between contractions, my last couple just haven't been that way.

I'm not sure why you would need toilet paper, but the rest looks pretty good. Like April said, definitely put in a going home outfit and blanket for baby and a camera. Also, have her check with her doc and see if he'll allow snacks or drinks and pack some of those for her if allowed and definitely for you. Figure you'll be spending 5-6-10 hours in the hospital laboring, you will need sustenance. Is the Ibprofen for before or after the baby? And FYI, on my itemized bill, each ibprofen only cost 80 cents for Ky.

You might as well back up a trailer to the door of the hospital with all this stuff :lol:

Honestly, you think you are going to remember to pack this stuff when the time comes? Are you just going to keep it in your car at all times?

:lol:

Good luck :heart:

For most labors, you will have time to watch a movie or play around in between contractions, my last couple just haven't been that way.

I'm not sure why you would need toilet paper, but the rest looks pretty good. Like April said, definitely put in a going home outfit and blanket for baby and a camera. Also, have her check with her doc and see if he'll allow snacks or drinks and pack some of those for her if allowed and definitely for you. Figure you'll be spending 5-6-10 hours in the hospital laboring, you will need sustenance. Is the Ibprofen for before or after the baby? And FYI, on my itemized bill, each ibprofen only cost 80 cents for Ky.

Toilet paper is because their TP is like cardboard (according to a nurse there) snacks are allowed to an extent (main thing they're worried about is the need for a C-section) The Ibuprofen is for after the baby.

You might as well back up a trailer to the door of the hospital with all this stuff :lol:

Honestly, you think you are going to remember to pack this stuff when the time comes? Are you just going to keep it in your car at all times?

:lol:

Good luck :heart:

That's what a labor kit is. You have a bag packed with everything you need next to the door or in the car so that you won't forget it all when it's needed.