Halp We have a boofing quandry...

good point, I misread your initial post regarding how you heard about them. still, it sounds like that's how they got your neighbors, which is part of the scam. by the time they've done a few houses it's just word of mouth

are these guys bonded and insured? are there any reviews available that aren't from your neighborhood? what did he do to get your claim processed? what did he say to the insurance company? if you're the one that filed it then why would they deserve anything at all?
As I already mentioned in the first post (which you should read!) I like the AL people because they both already gave me their insurance papers. I've no idea on this other guy, but obviously wouldn't let him on my roof without that info. And he apparently did *something* to get the claim approved. I dunno what he did and why would he tell me anyway? He could say it took him 15 seconds or 15 hours. Why does it matter? I'm still in the same spot.

No to the first guy.

ANYONE who knocks on your door claiming a free roof is being shady. I had like 30 contractors stop and offer to do my roof while I was on it reroofing it myself. "summertime" roofing companies are shady as fuck, Ive heard them talking about reincorporating under different DBAs every year so they dodge warranty repairs.

As to the second company. GAF certified means barely anything, they attend an 8 hour class on basic roofing. Manufacturer certified is essentially a marketing tool. Keep in mind GAF is the Home Depot house brand for shingles, they ain't bad but if you can get quatoes for other kinds like Certainteed http://www.certainteed.com/ check them out cause they have more option and imo better shingles. The Owens Corning Berkshire shingles are amazing, but pricey, they weigh a ton compared to all the other manufacturers.

Also manufacturer warranties are practically valueless. 30 year etc is more of a measure of quality than any kind of actual guarantee. People rarely ever collect on the guarantees (read the fine print, they have to be installed superhumanly).

Also, unless youre really trying to cut corners, get architectural shingles, not three tabs. They look better and are A LOT thicker.

Last edited:
I didnt read beyond the second sentence. Anyone who knocks on your door and offers to replace your roof, or driveway, or anything is a complete scam.

You know better.

And by allowing to deal with the insurance company, you might have right and proper fucked your policy. Expect a massive rate hike, or just to be dropped.

No way in hell should you dig yourself a deeper hole by going with a shady-ass scamtacular company which will likely give you a worse roof than you already have.

You got conned, and somehow "shook" on it. Confirm that that check from your insurance is even real.

I read the entire post and agree with this completely.

As I already mentioned in the first post (which you should read!) I like the AL people because they both already gave me their insurance papers. I've no idea on this other guy, but obviously wouldn't let him on my roof without that info. And he apparently did *something* to get the claim approved. I dunno what he did and why would he tell me anyway? He could say it took him 15 seconds or 15 hours. Why does it matter? I'm still in the same spot.

wait, you thought I was suggesting you ask him?

holy shit, I need to think of a way to scam you out of some money :fly: you are a con man's wet dream

ASK YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY WHY THEY APPROVED THE CLAIM DINGLE DONG