Vacation time!!

Where to go, Who to do...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bast_imret said:
And of course she has to come up next Christmas to witness the glory of the Roddenberry's house :D

Oh damnit, I never posted that pic! I took a driveby snap shot but it didn't do the place justice. The Roddenberry's are freakin' awesome! Next year I'll stop the car to take pics. Maybe I'll have blondie take some of me violating their Santa Claus.

I came across this...

'Living Legends of The Blues
presented by 2006 Savannah Music Festival
SMF: Orleans Hall

Line up -
Under the musical direction of Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin
Pinetop Perkins, Willie-Big Eyes-Smith, Napoleon-Nappy-Brown.'

Date -3/18/06

...and this

'Savannah Symphony's Picnic in the Park
Forsyth Park

Date -October.'

Has anyone ever experienced either of these performances?

I've been to Pinic in the Park tons of times. I haven't missed one in the past 6 years. There is a best picnic contest. Lots of people, candle light, Symphony music, coolers full of happiness, etc.

b_sinning said:
I've been to Pinic in the Park tons of times. I haven't missed one in the past 6 years. There is a best picnic contest. Lots of people, candle light, Symphony music, coolers full of happiness, etc.

I loooove picnics at the park. the Dogwood festival is always awesome. We didn't make it last year, but we're gonna do our best this year.

JJ Lady said:
Look crazy woman. I live here. Just tell me what you are interested in doing and it will be done as long as ERage is there with his digicam so the rest of UF doesn't have to miss out on the "fun"

fixt

Edit: JJ is right. I think all the UF people here could throw down and get you a pretty kick ass vacation set up. Also, I'd like to put in another vote for Picnic in the Park...definite kick ass time. Blues festival is cool too...although I'm thinking that is a fall thing. I think it was at the roundhouse museum downtown a couple of years back when I attended.

Last edited:
When I lived in Macon, Ga they did the Cherry Blossom festival. Lots of rock bands outside etc. The cool part is how beautiful the cherry blossom trees are around that part of the year. The winds blows and it looks like it's snowing white and pink leaves. Very pretty.

ERage said:
Doesn't SCAD put on a sidewalk art festival in Forsyth Park every spring? That is usually pretty good. I have no idea when it is though :tard:

Edit + a link:
SCADDY Events and Stuff
Sidewalk Arts Festival
April 29
SCAD-Savannah, P.O. Box 3146, Savannah, Ga.
Every spring SCAD hosts the Sidewalk Arts Festival in Forsyth Park, attracting thousands of visitors. The highlight of the festival is a chalk drawing competition, with students vying for cash prizes.

:cool: I'm in for the art festival.

in planning our next trip to Atlanta/Savannah, what is the best time of year to come visit? it doesn't have to be a festival time, but maybe a nice season to really enjoy it down there

The sidewalk art festival is fun, especially if you stop by Wet Willies on the way and get a few daiquiri. The kids do some unbelievable stuff. Sometimes it's hard to believe they just used chalk.

F33nX said:
in planning our next trip to Atlanta/Savannah, what is the best time of year to come visit? it doesn't have to be a festival time, but maybe a nice season to really enjoy it down there

Can't say about Atl, but in Sav if you want to be out and about without sweating your butt off I'd say mid-March or mid-October is your best bet for pleasant weather/temperatures. If you are planning to do the beach thing any of the months in between are good. The ocean on Tybee is usually around 82-85 degrees in July-August.

Click Here for an average water temperature table.

InnerMuse said:
When is that?

http://www.cbfmacon.com/cms/

March 17-26. It use to be the weekend before St. Pats weekend and I would hit both of them.

48575936-M.jpg

Last edited: