Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

@JAXvillain

It's hard to directly buy DOGE, or at least it was.

Kraken is probably one of the more trustworthy exchanges. They just added ACH for "select" (AFAIK) US customers, otherwise it's wire transfer or somewhat shady payment processors (with their own KYC) to get $ into it. Binance.US is another popular, probably trustworthy but with little scammy things, exchange but fiat verification takes months.

If you want to use a card (outside of waiting months on Binance.US) that leaves Coinbase or sites like Changelly which don't sell Doge. So then you'll want to buy something with low transaction fees (XLM (low fee) or NANO (no fee), generally) that is also listed on whatever exchange you choose and send that coin to the exchange from wherever you bought it.

Kraken only exchanges DOGE for USD or BTC, so that's another transaction. Unsure about Binance.US, but I've read that people have ended up with "coins" that are actually Binance's proprietary coin representing whatever they thought they were buying, idk.

Once you have DOGE on an exchange, the truism is that a personally controlled wallet (you have the private key, which you securely store in meatspace and NEVER GIVE TO ANYONE) is more secure, a hardware wallet being the most secure. That is another transaction, and then another when you want to sell, unless you can sell directly from the wallet. With Kraken or Binance you're probably okay to leave them as they are established and probably don't want bad reputation.

Crypto is full of scams: be careful and Do Your Own Research. This is not financial advice. r/dogecoin had/has a post on how to buy which may have a more direct method.

Last edited:
You haven't sold any coin, only bought? If so, that's cool. But still, would be nice if coin could be in a retirement account. Then a person wouldn't have to track every f'n sale and buy. I know - you're not thinking about retirement.
I did sell at first but yeah, too much work. Now I just buy what I feel confident about holding for at least 1 year.

Pension!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I did sell at first but yeah, too much work. Now I just buy what I feel confident about holding for at least 1 year.

Pension!
Same here - going forward I'll make buys but hold forever. Getting out of all POW coins - if the coin doesn't represent a product/service I'm not buying in. Obviously not buying Doge. It may make money - takes nothing away from me. I'm just not buying.

Prayin for all who playin.
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons