Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

Still can't believe the "you can have store credit in the amount of $30 or $2.50 in cash for your game console that we'll turn around and sell for $200" is the hill y'all are gonna die on. A P/E of 1100 makes no sense.
zero sense.

looks like Robinhood (yes, they still have my funds locked up... assholes) market buys are collared at buy price +5%. so if it drops back to 212 itll execute. Im ok with that.

Still can't believe the "you can have store credit in the amount of $30 or $2.50 in cash for your game console that we'll turn around and sell for $200" is the hill y'all are gonna die on. A P/E of 1100 makes no sense.
Broseph, literally nothing to do with the store.
Some guy recognized over a year ago that a bunch of hedge fund assholes had overextended and bought 140% of the existing gamestop stock in order to short it and drive gamestop into bankruptcy. At that point if you can buy enough stock to make sure that they have to come to you to cover their positions then you're good.

Then all the idiots on reddit decided to buy in as well and it was all over but the crying.

Some guy recognized over a year ago that a bunch of hedge fund assholes had overextended and bought 140% of the existing gamestop stock in order to short it and drive gamestop into bankruptcy. At that point if you can buy enough stock to make sure that they have to come to you to cover their positions then you're good.

Then all the idiots on reddit decided to buy in as well and it was all over but the crying.
I understand that.

It seems likely that the company will go out of business despite stock valuation though.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh

to be fair, the recent rise back up has been largely related to positive actions the store has taken rather than the "fuck the hedgies" previous jump . The firing of their CFO, the moves the Chewy dude is making, etc.

The short positions are all pretty much closed right from down when it was in the 30s?

I understand that.

It seems likely that the company will go out of business despite stock valuation though.
The retail stores? sure, those will be mostly gone, but not paying leases on all that space is an immediate reduction in operating defecit. The name and re-invention into an online presence like steam/etc is what folks are banking on.

Thats a tough market to be in though. cant just be a steam/EGS clone

to be fair, the recent rise back up has been largely related to positive actions the store has taken rather than the "fuck the hedgies" previous jump . The firing of their CFO, the moves the Chewy dude is making, etc.

The short positions are all pretty much closed right from down when it was in the 30s?
I keep reading conflicting things on the shorts.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
The retail stores? sure, those will be mostly gone, but not paying leases on all that space is an immediate reduction in operating defecit. The name and re-invention into an online presence like steam/etc is what folks are banking on.

Thats a tough market to be in though. cant just be a steam/EGS clone
They don't need to be a steam clone, and they just need to be better than EGS to succeed

I remember when steam first came out, it was shit in the beginning too. EGS is fine now, and their monthly free game giveaways have given me some nice stuff. Sure id rather have it on steam, but if the price is right, i dgaf where i buy the game.