Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

I use a the 3.5 parer & 5" sandwich on steaks all the time if it's just me & the girl. They slice right through it.

Do you sharpen it? Watch Fly sharpen it?

Ours are razor sharp.

I'm not sure if Global has steak knives. if they do, I'd imagine they cost a left lung.
We've gone through three different sharpening tools. The Wustof pole thing is just lame, the professional sharpening blocks were too much work, so now we use this THIS and its the cheapest out of everything by a long shot and works the best.

We'd like a set of steak knives for our gay little dinner parties we do here and there.

Actually, the knives cut well on steak... I'm just bitching about the quality of the handle that is falling apart.

I keep one in my sturdy knife block, does that count?

its made of rosewood, i rather enjoy it.
That's hot. Tell me more.

idk, I'll take the word from a couple of my executive chefs first.

I do have a great Kershaw pocket knife. Sharp as fuck, but the blade would never survive with the amount of use I would give it in a kitchen.
Don't get me wrong, global makes a great knife. I just prefer the kershaw shun knives I've got over the global ones. They're all plenty sharp and have been just as durable as the global knives.

A friend made me a high carbon 8" chef knife, I can't say enough awesome about it. It'll rust if you don't keep it wiped though. Holds an edge like crazy.

now we use this THIS and its the cheapest out of everything by a long shot and works the best.
I have never had one of those give me an edge I liked. I think it has to do with the angle of the two sharpening edges.
I use something similar to this for quick sharpening. http://m.prosourcecenter.com/site/m...8/knife-accessories-Roberts-10-dsh-133/Detail
And a normal sharpening block for when they get real dull

A friend made me a high carbon 8" chef knife, I can't say enough awesome about it. It'll rust if you don't keep it wiped though. Holds an edge like crazy.
I love high carbon blades for most kitchen stuff.
Found a high carbon fileting knife in my grandfather's uncle's tackle box. Had some surface rust that cleaned off nicely, thin enough you can bend the blade into about a 30 or 45 degree arc length. Excellent knife.

those are supposed to be wicked!
@APRIL, do you know how to use a sharpening steel?

http://www.amazon.com/DMT-DS2E-12-I...d=1384552990&sr=1-1&keywords=sharpening+steel

I'm not asking because I think you don't or can't, I'm asking because it took me like 4yrs to figure it out. & now, I don't have to sharpen the knives more than 1x/mo, & that's only because they've gone from lightsaber sharp down to razor sharp.

The most important thing about a sharpening steel is that it's a god damned good one. I had a crap one for 2yrs & went over to a friends house who grabbed hers & said, 'oh, just use this.' & I was too embarrassed to tell her they don't work so I just used it thinking she must like the crap results. OMG. it was amazing.

watch a few youtube vids on it. it's more complicated than you'd think. angles, pressures, consistency. . . yeah. I've got it now, but it wasn't easy.

& what is this 'handle' issue you speak of? were you using it as a hammer? I've had mine for 14yrs & they're in near mint condition. I do baby them.

We've gone through three different sharpening tools. The Wustof pole thing is just lame, the professional sharpening blocks were too much work, so now we use this THIS and its the cheapest out of everything by a long shot and works the best.

We'd like a set of steak knives for our gay little dinner parties we do here and there.

Actually, the knives cut well on steak... I'm just bitching about the quality of the handle that is falling apart.
That's because we got the cheap lvl steak knives.

edit: They are the gourmet, rather than the classic.