Towing with a Honda Fit

That's a long drive on a bike. we would have to take multiple stops. Tim can't ride a bike for that long at one sitting.

yeah, don't wanna damage that rear end :fly:

Find out if your brakes and transmission are the same parts as the eurotrash version of the car. If so then you should be fine to tow under the weight limit. If not then you could cook your brakes or strain the tranny.

Either way, remember to keep as much weight as possible toward the back of the trailer. You want very little weight over the tongue and always double-check to make sure all the lights are working.

Either way, remember to keep as much weight as possible toward the back of the trailer. You want very little weight over the tongue and always double-check to make sure all the lights are working.

Uhhh, dont listen to this. I had the same idea when I moved to Florida in my friend's POS Blazer. It should be 60/40, with 60 up front. Otherwise you'll end up with a trailer that tracks back and forth wildly at highway speeds.

Uhhh, dont listen to this. I had the same idea when I moved to Florida in my friend's POS Blazer. It should be 60/40, with 60 up front. Otherwise you'll end up with a trailer that tracks back and forth wildly at highway speeds.

er yeah, what he said :lol: you want the weight over the tongue. fuck me, I need coffee

Yeah, distribute the weight from the trailer axle forward, or evenly over the whole thing.

Also, I have my doubts about how well that car would tow a load. I would try to rent/barrow an SUV or pickup truck at least.

:lol: awesome
I would just buy a new bike...the thing can't be worth but $500-800

You're obviously going to do it, even though none of us recommend it. Transmission = fucked

I am just looking at it from all angles, that's all.

Thank you all for your input. I think I might be renting an Impala (full size car) and renting a hitch for it. This will definitely pull it and still get 30mpg or so.

I am just looking at it from all angles, that's all.

Thank you all for your input. I think I might be renting an Impala (full size car) and renting a hitch for it. This will definitely pull it and still get 30mpg or so.

if you are going to do that why not just rent a pickup and haul it all in there?

if you are going to do that why not just rent a pickup and haul it all in there?

Pickup is 20mpg, almost twice the rental price. Won't fit IN the bed of a pickup. Bike's wheelbase too long.

Last edited: