This just in: rukia_the_souldreper joins Useless Forums...

• Thread starter rukia_the_souldreper
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we agree and have made a sticky. Hopefully this will serve as a guideline for both new kids and for current members posting in their threads.

I disagree with the sticky, and with the idea that newcomers need to be 'protected' from the herd here at UF. This is a board where you either fit in or you don't. I don't believe that a person deserves any special treatment just because they are new. If they get scared away by their opening thread... so be it. They probably did not possess the constitution required to post here anyways.

I do not state my opinions to be contrary. I announce them so that you can remove my ability to post in newcomer threads before I scare away some limp-wristed, lily-livered, gets-all-emotional-about-things-they-read-on-the-internet potential UF member.

That is all.

I disagree with the sticky, and with the idea that newcomers need to be 'protected' from the herd here at UF. This is a board where you either fit in or you don't. I don't believe that a person deserves any special treatment just because they are new. If they get scared away by their opening thread... so be it. They probably did not possess the constitution required to post here anyways.

I do not state my opinions to be contrary. I announce them so that you can remove my ability to post in newcomer threads before I scare away some limp-wristed, lily-livered, gets-all-emotional-about-things-they-read-on-the-internet potential UF member.

That is all.

Flaming and bad, for lack of a better word, fellowship certainly aren't the rule around here, so why should a thread for a new person contain an abnormally large supply of it? The idea of a newb thread is to ensure that the person isn't a total fucking unintelligent, spamming, piece of shit before they are granted full posting privs. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, the ban group for welcome threads hasnt been setup. Can I interest you in a nice goatse vB style? :fly:

That is all.

If everytime you posted, I quoted you and simply said fuck off, and so did every single person that posted here. Would you really be willing to post here?

Regardless of your opinion, I'm not saying all this because I'm worried about the person's feelings, I'm saying this because when that's all you get in the only thread you're allowed to post in, you don't have much incentive to post at all there.

It's more out of getting bored from it than being able to handle it.

the first time i joined this forum it was funny with the torment but being locked in the same thread for over 2 days sucked and i just left. bastards kept changing my screenname.

Bitching about two days? I was told to join this forum and stayed in the PG forum for 3 weeks because theac thought "that's how long they should wait" back then. :rolleyes:

I slept with a popular poster. That shouldve counted.

dbzeag isn't all that popular.

Than*

Sentences don't end in ellipses. You should really only use them to indicate something omitted. Obviously since forum posts are analog to speech they can be used to show an unfinished thought or "trailing off into silence" (called aposiopesis). The 'em dash' is better used in the latter case though.

You're handle is long too. Do you just think highly of yourself? It's so fucking long it's messing with the page layout.

I use the to emphasize that there is more to be said, yet is unsaid...

Last edited:
Listen up you monkeys. We aren't spamming or crapping new member threads, capisce? Read the sticky. Next person to post something in this thread that doesn't have to do with the new kid gets a week long vacation.

Last edited:
Listen up you monkeys. We aren't spamming or crapping new member threads, capiche? Read the sticky. Next person to post something in this thread that doesn't have to do with the new kid gets a week long vacation.
Where is the new person?

Why arent they posting?

I want to talk to them.

COME OUT! PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.