This just in: OddFactor joins Useless Forums...

fly said:
You plan on going in through the bellybutton?

edit: wtf, we hijacked OF's thread./

derailed.gif

fly said:
Does anyone care anymore?

Ever seen them do that though?

If I was a doctor I would totally try that scene in Alien, in the dining room. Stick your hand up to her chest and push up the skin yelling "OMG ITS TEH ALIEN".

FlamingGlory said:
Does anyone care anymore?

Ever seen them do that though?

If I was a doctor I would totally try that scene in Alien, in the dining room. Stick your hand up to her chest and push up the skin yelling "OMG ITS TEH ALIEN".
With this small of a group of people, its kinda hard to stay ontopic, as each person says their peace about a subject and then we move on. Like OffTopic can have a 200 ontopic thread, cause they have like 30,000 people to comment on it...

edit: and LOL @ alien

fly said:
You plan on going in through the bellybutton?

:lol: It's not a problem anyway. It's more fun this way.

Pandora said:
Patience is a vertue...vurtue...verrchu...ver... whatever the hell those things are.... just keep your pants on and you'll prolly get out when everyone gets back tomorrow. This place is a lot busier during the week. ;)

Hi, how you doing? Anyway, only one person is in charge of letting me out? By the way, it's "virtue." Though, I'm sure you already knew that. ;)

itburnswhenipee said:
Sorry, dude. Dunno who's asleep at the switch. In the meantime, have a drink on me:

*image delete because "members on proving grounds cannot quote/post images"

Cool, man. Thanks. Is that vodka or gin?

OddFactor said:
itburnswhenipee said:
Sorry, dude. Dunno who's asleep at the switch. In the meantime, have a drink on me:

*image delete because "members on proving grounds cannot quote/post images"

Cool, man. Thanks. Is that vodka or gin?

Vodka, of course. Belvedere. Only the best!

I should point out that the excessive number of olives* is due to, and an attempt to compensate for, an olive juice shortage in my house. You see, I prefer my martinis dirty: that is, with a splash of olive brine instead of vermouth. I feel that it gives the drink a certain, healthful, zest. A downside of frequently making this drink is that you consume the fluid from the olive jar far more quickly than you consume the olives themselves. Finding myself in such straits, I used my Yankee Ingenuity and placed a larger than average number of olives in my drink, confident that their presence would imbue my drink with all the qualities of a proper Dirty Martini.

*In a proper martini the olive is placed solely for flavoring. It is considered a boorish thing for one to consume the olive placed in one's martini.

itburnswhenipee said:

I should point out that the excessive number of olives* is due to, and an attempt to compensate for, an olive juice shortage in my house. You see, I prefer my martinis dirty: that is, with a splash of olive brine instead of vermouth. I feel that it gives the drink a certain, healthful, zest. A downside of frequently making this drink is that you consume the fluid from the olive jar far more quickly than you consume the olives themselves. Finding myself in such straits, I used my Yankee Ingenuity and placed a larger than average number of olives in my drink, confident that their presence would imbue my drink with all the qualities of a proper Dirty Martini.

*In a proper martini the olive is placed solely for flavoring. It is considered a boorish thing for one to consume the olive placed in one's martini.

Is it really a martini with vodka and no vermouth though? The definition is GIN and VERMOUTH = martini, what you have only matches in colour and the prescense of olives.

I abhor vodkatinis :puke:

itburnswhenipee said:
OddFactor said:

Cool, as long as it's not that garbage Absolut. I know what you mean, I'm currently taking a beverages/mixology course. Spent a while tonight mixing drinks and tasting white wines. Had a Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, and a White Zinfandel (garbage).

FlamingGlory said:
Is it really a martini with vodka and no vermouth though? The definition is GIN and VERMOUTH = martini, what you have only matches in colour and the prescense of olives.

Well, I suppose it would make it a Dirty Vodka Martini. Still close enough, I believe, to true form. Not like an appletini or chocolate martini or some other such applesauce.

FlamingGlory said:

Meh, to each his own. I'm personally not a big vodka fan, but then again I've only tried Absolut and straight up. I found it disgusting.

itburnswhenipee said:
Well, I suppose it would make it a Dirty Vodka Martini. Still close enough, I believe, to true form. Not like an appletini or chocolate martini or some other such applesauce.
This is a deep philosophical question -_-

Have you ever had a wet gin martini though? They have a very unique taste.

OddFactor said:
Cool, as long as it's not that garbage Absolut. I know what you mean, I'm currently taking a beverages/mixology course. Spent a while tonight mixing drinks and tasting white wines. Had a Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, and a White Zinfandel (garbage).
Shens, I stayed alive camping recently with one litre of Absolut and an unlimited supply of chocolate :D

FlamingGlory said:
Shens, I stayed alive camping recently with one litre of Absolut and an unlimited supply of chocolate :D

:lol: well, I personally don't like it. I'm not big into hard liquor, I guess. More of a beer/wine drinker.

FlamingGlory said:

One might argue that it's even closer to true form on the grounds that it hasn't been buggered up with all that icky vermouth.

itburnswhenipee said:

One might argue that it's even closer to true form on the grounds that it hasn't been buggered up with all that icky vermouth.

Deja vu...