Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

im trying to find a way to "bandage" it to offer kind of a soft splint on the chance it might fuse the vertabrae via calcification. Dont have a good solution yet, vet didnt either.
Some kind of tight stretchy sleeve, ideally with something firm in it to keep the end of the tail in place maybe? Like a thin flexible plastic flat stick in a stretchy tube-shaped sleeve. Even just the sleeve might help, I'm thinking of material like the tight support kind of yoga pants (lol) or compression socks.

Of course cat owners are howling about my thinking he will keep this thing on his tail.

Give him some good calcium-rich foods like canned salmon with the bones in to aid bone growth (helps humans and dogs anyway :) ). Poor kitty, how they seem to love their tails.

im trying to find a way to "bandage" it to offer kind of a soft splint on the chance it might fuse the vertabrae via calcification. Dont have a good solution yet, vet didnt either.
Have you considered some braided cable sleeve? If you stick something straight down there with it, that should keep the cat's tail straight (though it'll probably bug the shit out of it), and braided sleeving is usually stretchy enough that you'll be able to get it on there in such a way that the cat can't get it off.

Some kind of tight stretchy sleeve, ideally with something firm in it to keep the end of the tail in place maybe? Like a thin flexible plastic flat stick in a stretchy tube-shaped sleeve. Even just the sleeve might help, I'm thinking of material like the tight support kind of yoga pants (lol) or compression socks.

Of course cat owners are howling about my thinking he will keep this thing on his tail.

Give him some good calcium-rich foods like canned salmon with the bones in to aid bone growth (helps humans and dogs anyway :) ). Poor kitty, how they seem to love their tails.

the appropriate sized tube like sleeve is the thing im having a hard time finding. This is the tiny part of the tail, almost all fur, maybe a pencil width around.

Considered buzzing off her fur on the tail and taping it. It seems cruel though

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Have you considered some braided cable sleeve? If you stick something straight down there with it, that should keep the cat's tail straight (though it'll probably bug the shit out of it), and braided sleeving is usually stretchy enough that you'll be able to get it on there in such a way that the cat can't get it off.

thats exactly the kinda thing i need, something stretchy, but small enough. I have plenty of stuff that would "sleeve" a cylinder like the size of a sharpie, but her tail is barely the size of a pencil at that point.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
the appropriate sized tube like sleeve is the thing im having a hard time finding. This is the tiny part of the tail, almost all fur, maybe a pencil width around.

Considered buzzing off her fur on the tail and taping it. It seems cruel though
What about just tight wrapping a small ace bandage? You could leave the fur.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
What about just tight wrapping a small ace bandage? You could leave the fur.

Im got some of this stuff when i cut my finger off

1581_cobanselfwrap1in.gif

I think it would be perfect. It sticks to itself, but not to skin or fur. Gotta find where to buy it though

wtf happened?
we really dont know, its super consistent with a crushing injury from getting shut in a door. However, none of us shut her tail in the door. She wanders, so she might have been at someone elses house or car and got shut in the door, but it makes very little sense. ITs also possible the two year old shut her tail in a door, but i feel like we woulda heard that.