[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all old news. If I have time I'll look it all up again.

It's not all that uncommon for babies to eat their own poop, ya know cause they'll grab whatever and put it in their mouth.

Ergo, "is it safe to eat poop" is a more common search phrase than you probably realize.

Continue down the rabbit hole from there.

It's not uncommon in nature at all.
All its really doing is taking food that's been processed once and running it through the mill another time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This is all old news. If I have time I'll look it all up again.

It's not all that uncommon for babies to eat their own poop, ya know cause they'll grab whatever and put it in their mouth.

Ergo, "is it safe to eat poop" is a more common search phrase than you probably realize.

Continue down the rabbit hole from there.

It's not uncommon in nature at all.
All its really doing is taking food that's been processed once and running it through the mill another time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
there are organisms in the lower GI that are fine to be there but that are not good for other systems; realistically your stomach acid should neutralize them, but they have to get past plenty of other membranes and tissues to get there.

most healthy people won't die from it, but it's not really safe; most people won't die or get a TBI if they don't wear a helmet when they ride their bike, but it's not safe not to

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
there are organisms in the lower GI that are fine to be there but that are not good for other systems; realistically your stomach acid should neutralize them, but they have to get past plenty of other membranes and tissues to get there.

most healthy people won't die from it, but it's not really safe; most people won't die or get a TBI if they don't wear a helmet when they ride their bike, but it's not safe not to

Finally, somebody with some knowledge and sense.

The whole concern with the mothers/babies thing was "omg they're eating poop!".

Many say "it's all the same bugs/bacteria". And it is.
Yup there's risks of blood infection from cuts/abrasions in the mouth/throat, bleeding gums, etc. Get past that, hit the stomach acid and it should be fine.

Also risk of the poop coming into contact with things outside the body before it goes in the digestive tract again.

From a cold, disassociated medical science perspective, there are conditions under which eating poop (your own or that of a healthy person) is OK.

From a human psyche perspective, ... well that complicates things.

Status
Not open for further replies.