This advert for condoms cracked me up

I guess you could call it a leftover from my Catholic upbringing, but I'm of the opinion that since humans can't agree (and probably never will) on when a fetus becomes human, morally, we should err on the side of caution...

To me... abortion should NOT be something done in the third or probably even second trimester.

...and it isn't a form of birth control.

The bitch better make her decision early in the first trimester. While it is still a bundle of unidentifiable cells and mucus. :eek:

What if you cross that barrier and find out that the kid is developing a fatal birth defect? Or that having the child would severely affect your health?

I guess you could call it a leftover from my Catholic upbringing, but I'm of the opinion that since humans can't agree (and probably never will) on when a fetus becomes human, morally, we should err on the side of caution...
LOL yeah, that is a very religious mind-set. ;)

What if you cross that barrier and find out that the kid is developing a fatal birth defect? Or that having the child would severely affect your health?

I was going to mention that... but thought it was a given.

To me... abortion should NOT be something done in the third or probably even second trimester.

...and it isn't a form of birth control.

The bitch better make her decision early in the first trimester. While it is still a bundle of unidentifiable cells and mucus. :eek:

if it were this easy, sure. it SHOULDN'T be a form of birth control. but it is. and i don't agree with using it for that.

and this. i personally agree with you.

all these come with the risk of assuming a pregnancy, in my opinion. you don't want to take the chance? then you shouldn't. it's all a chance, and there have been many stories of people who should not have lived that have/do. i don't think it should be our call.

abortion has at least two sides with very valid points. that's why it doesn't go anywhere. and it's not clear cut and in a little neat box. that's why i can't make up my mind on it.
i don't think it should be used for birth control. but it is. so i can't help but wonder if the baby would be better off aborted than what its life would be in some given situation. maybe it's better off out of this world than in it. :iono: doesn't do enough for me to support abortion...but i understand it's here.

Didn't read whole thread, but really, how often do you think its simply used in place of condoms?
First hits for journal articles, say it is primary form of birth control in Russia. Canada (which is probably closer to the northeastern US) ->http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2902097.pdf

During the study period, the repeat rate rose sharply among women younger than 25 but fell among those aged 30 and older. In 1993, fewer than 2% of abortions were obtained by women who had had three or more previous procedures, suggesting that abortion is not widely used as a primary method of birth control.

I wouldnt even trust a doctor to make the right call because it is still a judgement made by an individual, who may or may not have ulterior motives, who is not going to be permanently effected by the decision. I don't like it in some cases, but there are no other choices sometimes and too many factors to weigh.

By choice is the best choice. People have to live with their choices and everyone else isn't afflicted by them.

Last edited:

i'm in the line of thinking that it's 2009. you know where babies come from. you know how to prevent them. take some responsibility and live with the damn consequences.

but, this only works if my other line of thinking is put into law: all crackheads should be casturated/spayed. all women wanting on welfare should first have to get spayed. all government paid of course.

if all else fails, you could end up being chikkens kid. :p

It's not something people really talk about. :hs:

I knew someone that did get one and she would say to her stomach, "I'm getting you sucked out you little maggot." Real classy.

but that's my point. it's such an intensely private thing, and rightfully so, but i'm saying that one doesn't know REALLY how much abortion is used as a method of birth control. because you aren't going to know. but it happens. and i'm willing to bet that it's more than you think.

I'm on the extreme other end actually... I'm all for the one child system like in China.

Planet's getting too small and all.

You can't control people like that. The thought is nice, but people have rights. As long as they can afford the child (no gov't assistance) and give it a good home then have 18 kids.

but that's my point. it's such an intensely private thing, and rightfully so, but i'm saying that one doesn't know REALLY how much abortion is used as a method of birth control. because you aren't going to know. but it happens. and i'm willing to bet that it's more than you think.

Yeah it happens A LOT. They have pills they can give you that you stick up your coot that induces the abortion. Still very expensive, but a less scary way.