This advert for condoms cracked me up

Asbo

Flaccid Member
Apr 17, 2009
Lon-don
Marklar
₥0
6a00d8341c51c053ef01156f20ca63970c-450wi

I think thats the only three snoog. Cant find anymore.

My point, it makes no sense. the implication is that babies made that are unplanned turn out to be bad?? Is that what its saying?

edit: I know they are not real adverts (I hope), but usually joke ads on the web are better thought through than this

Last edited:
Freakanomics says that unplanned babies in bad environments that are not terminated have a higher possibility to turn out bad.

I totally chopped it up. I'll try to get a direct quote later.

Basically, legal abortion lowers crime rates.

Freakanomics says that unplanned babies in bad environments that are not terminated have a higher possibility to turn out bad.

Freakonomics

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/Papers/DonohueLevittTheImpactOfLegalized2001.pdf

We offer evidence that legalized abortion has contributed signiŽcantly to
recent crime reductions. Crime began to fall roughly eighteen years after abortion
legalization. The Žve states that allowed abortion in 1970 experienced declines
earlier than the rest of the nation, which legalized in 1973 with Roe v. Wade.
States with high abortion rates in the 1970s and 1980s experienced greater crime
reductions in the 1990s. In high abortion states, only arrests of those born after
abortion legalization fall relative to low abortion states. Legalized abortion appears
to account for as much as 50 percent of the recent drop in crime.

Jonny beat me. There should be a debunking freakonomics thread just because some people took it as literal truth instead of statistic trends.

Jonny beat me. There should be a debunking freakonomics thread just because some people took it as literal truth instead of statistic trends.
right. there's no proving the absolute truth of such assertions because there are far too many variables. however, through careful statistical analysis a correlation can be shown which may tend to imply causation.

<--- case in point

Isn't everything said basically based off of statistical trends?

Anyways, it makes complete sense. Please try to debunk the senseness of it.

I think he is trying to say that it makes it all seem very New World Order-ish

maybe

I could be wrong