Food The Vagatarian Thread

Lemons are expensive. The Welch's is under $5 for a giant bottle.
If you like the flavor you might be able to buy lemon juice for much cheaper.

Out here in the country county water tastes like it came right out of the nearest creek. When I travle to a city I usually buy bottled water for both drinking and cooking.

She gets a lot of heat for being a dietary vegan and not being strict enough with the vegan lifestyle.

She tells people that it's okay to not stress about the small stuff that's hard to catch like the animal based vitamin D in cheerios. She believes many by products are only being used because so much meat, eggs and dairy are being produced.

What do you think about that?
I totally agree with her, that's what I do.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
@Ledboots I'm trying to get my 3 year some B12. He's not a fan of plant milk. What else could I give him? I could get him supplements since that's pretty much the only way we get it these days anyway. Just looking for other options.

He might eat the nutritional yeast but I have my doubts.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
@Ledboots I'm trying to get my 3 year some B12. He's not a fan of plant milk. What else could I give him? I could get him supplements since that's pretty much the only way we get it these days anyway. Just looking for other options.

He might eat the nutritional yeast but I have my doubts.
He doesn't like soy milk? There are vanilla sweetened varieties. I'd give him the supplements, they're cheap, and kids like the tiny sublingual pills that dissolve (he can chew it, it doesn't matter).

• Gravy
He doesn't like soy milk? There are vanilla sweetened varieties. I'd give him the supplements, they're cheap, and kids like the tiny sublingual pills that dissolve (he can chew it, it doesn't matter).
Thanks. I've tired regular soy and rice milk. There are still other milks I can try like the vanilla soy and almond. we'll probably get the supplements to be on the safe side. I've read that a B12 deficiency is very serious.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Thanks. I've tired regular soy and rice milk. There are still other milks I can try like the vanilla soy and almond. we'll probably get the supplements to be on the safe side. I've read that a B12 deficiency is very serious.
Yes, it is serious, and easy as pie to avoid. Deficiency takes at least months to develop, so no need to panic. I give my kids B12 and take it myself.

Spoilering for boring vegan content

Flax seeds are good for dha: soak them first and just add them to food, in smoothies or whatever, or make a pudding with fruit as the flax is a thickener. Or use flax oil. You'll have to watch your kids' diets carefully if you're planning on raising them vegan. It's hard for many vegan kids to get enough calories in, especially enough fat, and if they are picky eaters, all the more difficult. Almond milk is lower in protein than soymilk, so I don't prefer the almond for little kids on the reg. I also give them good quality fruit juice, fuck the haters.

And give the kids time to change, they didn't choose the original diet they ate, or the new one. You can do stuff like half cow milk half soy, buy some of the fake nuggets or burgers once in awhile (gardein brand is good), let them have stuff like fries or whatever favorite food isn't the most healthy. Changing eating habits is hard for kids, too.

• Gravy