GAY The Useless Travel Thread

I don't really like Boston Logan airport. Kind of a pain to drive to, parking garage is tough to navigate, and getting back to your car is super confusing. No straight line, it's turn down this hallway, then another, then another, and one more, and then down escalator then up elevator.

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII
Got to Orlando airport at 4am for a 6am departure with my friend who insisted there's never a security line there. And guess what, huge security line. Drug or bomb or fart sniffing dog really slowed down the TSA security line process. I've never seen that at any airport before. Usually the dog and handler are just milling about going up to people. Instead, you had to pair up and walk down this gated area while the dog sniffs. Thankfully they didn't stop us from boarding since they had already started by the time we got through security and walked to the gate. First experience on flying Spirit. It's cheap, seats are very cramped, but you get what you pay for. Flew it mostly due to convenience, direct flight from ACY to MCO with ACY being 5 minute drive away.

Got to Orlando airport at 4am for a 6am departure with my friend who insisted there's never a security line there. And guess what, huge security line. Drug or bomb or fart sniffing dog really slowed down the TSA security line process. I've never seen that at any airport before. Usually the dog and handler are just milling about going up to people. Instead, you had to pair up and walk down this gated area while the dog sniffs. Thankfully they didn't stop us from boarding since they had already started by the time we got through security and walked to the gate. First experience on flying Spirit. It's cheap, seats are very cramped, but you get what you pay for. Flew it mostly due to convenience, direct flight from ACY to MCO with ACY being 5 minute drive away.
Weird. Usually the dogs speed things up.

Drug or bomb or fart sniffing dog really slowed down the TSA security line process. I've never seen that at any airport before. Usually the dog and handler are just milling about going up to people. Instead, you had to pair up and walk down this gated area while the dog sniffs.
I've seen this process at security before. No idea why they do it sometimes, but it happens.

American Airlines and many airports have a 40 minute prior policy. It's in the fine print of the ticket.
Yes the agent said this policy was changed in October this year. Then I talked with another gate agent in Boston and she said that I'd have no problem getting on the plane 20 minutes before boarding. Typical airline travel. Rules made up.

Yes the agent said this policy was changed in October this year. Then I talked with another gate agent in Boston and she said that I'd have no problem getting on the plane 20 minutes before boarding. Typical airline travel. Rules made up.
Logan doesn't have that rule, but American may still. Their rule is that you must check in 40 minutes before a flight and if you have to check a bag they need that 40 minutes before the flight. The gate agents don't care when you board as long as the doors aren't closed, so no, you wouldn't have an issue getting on the plane for the gate agent's perspective.

Logan doesn't have that rule, but American may still. Their rule is that you must check in 40 minutes before a flight and if you have to check a bag they need that 40 minutes before the flight. The gate agents don't care when you board as long as the doors aren't closed, so no, you wouldn't have an issue getting on the plane for the gate agent's perspective.

Going by what you just said, he would not be allowed to check his bag.

Going by what you just said, he would not be allowed to check his bag.
Exactly. But when discussing it earlier, I didn't know what airline he was on. Like Southwest does not give a fuck (officially it is 45 minutes, but they've never said anything), so as long as you are at an airport that doesn't give a fuck, you can show up whenever before the doors close. American is more picky. United and Delta are typically 30 minutes. Interestingly, they also all have rules about how early you can check bags. It ranges from 3-6 hours prior depending on airline.

Yes, we all know that peepaw.

Don’t see me missin flights, sonny.

Wrong Turn Oops GIF

Grab an Uber and come have lunch. I’m only 2 hours away.

what’s that gotta cost?
$27 USD / $850 CAD

Correct.

Got 2 hours sort of sleep. Flew to Orlando. Slept for 4 hours. Feel better now. Going to a vendor 90s concert: better than Ezra, Tonic, and Sugar Ray.

but you showed up late right?
regardless if the aircraft had left the gate or not
you showed up late? correct ?

They tell you to get there an hour before a domestic flight.

It's been that way for ages.

Pretty simple.

Showing up 20 min before a domestic flight for a domestic flight sounds crazy to me. is that normal ? i travel all the time in and out of the US and i’ve never encountered that time frame

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII