GAY The Useless Travel Thread

Just buy a house you hobo. Don't you make 6 figures
Not anymore. Shockingly I don't post all my details on the forum. Also maybe it you got into the market 10 years ago around here. Now most houses go for cash and a townhouse starts at 800k

Anyway prices at the extended stay went up because ravens home game this weekend. Like went up 100%. I knew I should've booked a week at the rate I got Monday but had a car payment and had just paid rent.

Friend who is an ex con recommend a super sketch motel in South bmore so I drove over,, it's clean I guess but but no wifi no TV and wanted 76 per night. I have a coworker who lives at a different sketch motel but he left work before I had a chance to talk to him.

I'm either gonna sleep behind the library or at the mostly abandoned mall with the gym. The problem is last time I went camping I had like everything organized so I just had to grab shower bag, clean clothes w/e. And I didn't have a shitload of tools in my car and the trunk worked.

Rn most of my tools are in the back seat along with whatever I could grab when the cops were there. I'm getting a storage space tomorrow morning.

So anyway, forest motel off Crain hwy in glen burnie if your brave. It's some dudes house and he assured me he had the best hot water in the county. They don't have a phone number. Or a sign. No wifi/TV or any of that. $76

Next door is the doll motel, and doll apartments, which does have a phone number. No one picks up when I called all day and looks like the office is closed. It looks slightly less sketch but I couldn't find anyone.

There's also the autobody shop about a block further north. $500 a month all utilities Inc. Found it cause I gave some dude a cigarette at 711. He asked if I wanted to take over his lease for $50 cause he's getting evicted. Went and talked to the landlord and he said the room was trashed. Was gonna go back and offer to clean it if I could move in right away but he wasn't there. Since the girl I know is a maid could probably get a deal on a thorough clean.

Last edited:
Been an interesting trip to Fort Myers. Crazy to see hurricane damage in person. Amount of debris that needs to be picked up is massive. So many palm trees and mangroves down. The condo I was staying at suffered a little wind damage. But all of the 1st floor condos were flooded out. I was on 3rd floor so it was fine. But a lot of stuff was open and appeared to have no damage. Beautiful area though.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and adi
Yes, we've finally been sent good weather.
trash weather. I wore a sweater at dinner last night. if I wanted to wear layers like this I would have stayed home!
Monkey Reaction GIF by Justin

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Sure, but certainly a one-bedroom apartment in AA County can be gotten for about $1300/month, and also he could buy a condo instead of a house. The small condos in Piney Orchard go for about $285k. I do disagree with his assessment that everyone is paying cash for homes these days. That is absolutely not the case even around here.
I only know Annapolis well. When I worked at best buy one guy had a rich wife and they paid cash over asking for a townhouse in the 700s.

Idk why but everything is cheaper out toward crofton/Odenton. It's probably because the commute is annoying. Like you could probably find something decent in bowie for cheap but then... you'd be in bowie.

I mean glen burnie ain't exactly the high life but you got 97, 100, 10 and 695 and it's 15 minutes from most of south Baltimore or columbia or linthicum where the jobs are, we also got the airport and ft Meade.

My exes uncle inherited a hideous split level off 3 and I think it went for 600k or something.

My exes mother had a house in Pasadena which was valued in the high 500s that she didn't pay for checking people out at goodwill. A lot of this stuff is generational. Everyone else rents.

I only know Annapolis well. When I worked at best buy one guy had a rich wife and they paid cash over asking for a townhouse in the 700s.

Idk why but everything is cheaper out toward crofton/Odenton. It's probably because the commute is annoying. Like you could probably find something decent in bowie for cheap but then... you'd be in bowie.

I mean glen burnie ain't exactly the high life but you got 97, 100, 10 and 695 and it's 15 minutes from most of south Baltimore or columbia or linthicum where the jobs are, we also got the airport and ft Meade.

My exes uncle inherited a hideous split level off 3 and I think it went for 600k or something.

My exes mother had a house in Pasadena which was valued in the high 500s that she didn't pay for checking people out at goodwill. A lot of this stuff is generational. Everyone else rents.
It seems you get in the way of your own success a lot.