Ontopic The UF Photography Thread

I have a smartphone now at least, but its still equivalent to one from 2011 or so.

I dunno entirely as to the shaking, i used to have rock steady hands, so much so that I was going to be a neurosurgeon (that went away for other reasons, not the shaking) but i've just lost my steadiness, and its worse after i injured my hand pretty badly 6 months back.

As an armchair doc, I've determined that I have Essential Tremors after hearing Sal on the Howard Stern show has it. Interestingly enough, I also badly injured my hand (although it was the left and I have shaking in both hands). I generally make it worse by constantly thinking about it in some public situation where I might have issues.

As an armchair doc, I've determined that I have Essential Tremors after hearing Sal on the Howard Stern show has it. Interestingly enough, I also badly injured my hand (although it was the left and I have shaking in both hands). I generally make it worse by constantly thinking about it in some public situation where I might have issues.

how the fuck did you slice and dice your wrist/hand so badly anyway (although from the nature of the injury, it sounds like it might have been something ya really dont want to talk about, and thats ok)

how the fuck did you slice and dice your wrist/hand so badly anyway (although from the nature of the injury, it sounds like it might have been something ya really dont want to talk about, and thats ok)

He posted the story a week or two ago and if I remember correctly you were active in that thread. :lol:

Fucking women.

In other news, I spent about 2 hours last night practicing with Aperture Priority on my camera. I can see that that camera far exceeds my techncial requirements. :fly:

On the other hand, it should be one of the only cameras I will ever have to buy. And that's awesome.

Fucking women.

In other news, I spent about 2 hours last night practicing with Aperture Priority on my camera. I can see that that camera far exceeds my techncial requirements. :fly:

On the other hand, it should be one of the only cameras I will ever have to buy. And that's awesome.

That's how I feel about my D90. It's not the latest and greatest, but it does so much that makes me happy. If only it vibrated.

He didn't say how it happened. Just said he cut a bunch of nerves and tendons (and part of an artery) about 15 years ago.

edit: http://www.uselessforums.com/showth...13-right-here!&p=961119&viewfull=1#post961119

Factory accident. Dropped what's called a slitter knife. Its used to cut steel. Also works pretty well on flesh.

edit: Looks something like this
Slitter%20Blade.gif

Last edited:
Shock. I was extremely calm. Blood was just pouring out of me.

The same thing happened to me when I cut my thumb open.
I believe I nicked a vein and I was utterly fascinated how the darker, more oxygen rich, blood was mixing with the lighter stuff. I also remember realizing I was dripping blood on an oak sapling, so I tried to "paint" the leaves with my blood.
Then I woke up on the ground, having passed out from lack of blood pressure

Factory accident. Dropped what's called a slitter knife. Its used to cut steel. Also works pretty well on flesh.

edit: Looks something like this
Slitter%20Blade.gif

so you instinctively grabbed at it when it fell, like grabbing a ring, and the sharp part is on the inside and the weight of it just made it slice right through you?

edit: by the way, since you didnt tell us how it happened (despite @APRIL 's delusions) i thought you mighta tried to off yourself considering how you described it (all the tendons, the blood vessel, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shock. I was extremely calm. Blood was just pouring out of me.

this is pretty much the universal human response i think, and when you've done it enough you know that if you're calm and it doesnt hurt yet looks severe, you have really hurt yourself badly.

I remember my thought process being "is this bad enough to call an ambulance?" "walk to bath room sink, run under water, see depth of cut, see bone" "yep". Wrap tshirt around hand, call 911, walk to base of driveway and sit down and hold my hand above my head until they get there so if i pass out im within sight of people driving back and not back where noone can see me.

Bubba wanted to pack grease into my cut... :wtf:

thats.... ehh... i dunno. Its not unsanitary, but itll fuck up your open cells and make a hell of a cleaning job for the hospital. I dunno how a hospital would even clean a cut filled with grease.

thats.... ehh... i dunno. Its not unsanitary, but itll fuck up your open cells and make a hell of a cleaning job for the hospital. I dunno how a hospital would even clean a cut filled with grease.

Hospital :lol:

Had either happened: wipe it out, then (i think the phrase is) debradement. Lots of scrubbing with a real stiff brush.