Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Literally every single gun already sold would be grandfathered in and exempt from that law.

Let's assume it costs $2 to build, ship, and install a chip in a gun.

There are > 350 million guns in the US.

That'd be more than 700 million dollars. It'd be cheaper to hire guards and buy metal detectors for all the public schools in the US.
right, whats your defence (lol) budget this year?

all this "technology" what good is it
chip every fucking gun and make an app that shows you at any time where there are guns around you
bet it would be scary

so gun using criminals now file serial # imprinted on guns now so the guns can avoid being traced. What makes you think they couldn't undo your super-chip?

note: I'm not saying your idea is bad. Just want to know how that is a real solution instead of "jesus fucking christ, they're out there crying 'we have to do something' put the fucking chip in it to shut them the fuck up."

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
if a stupid fuck like me who has never dealt with a single gun even an air gun can come up with lame ass ideas like these im sure you can do better

so gun using criminals now file serial # imprinted on guns now so they can avoid being traced. What makes you think they couldn't undo your super-chip?

note: I'm not saying your idea is bad. Just want to know how that is a real solution instead of "jesus fucking christ, they're out there crying 'we have to do something' put the fucking chip in it to shut them the fuck up."
if a stupid fuck like me who has never dealt with a single gun even an air gun can come up with lame ass ideas like these im sure you can do better
types

I think we should shame people who own 400+hp sports cars. I mean, what practical purpose does something as dangerous as that serve?

At least you can use a gun for gettin' food.

:p
That would be fine with me. Let's see how many people you can convince to shame me because of that and not one of my numerous other social flaws.

• Gravy
I'm telling you, just make it a source of social shame.
I don't believe this will ever work in the long run. Gun owners [the vast vast majority who are law abiding] are the ones that survive. Your government will fail you at some point & the gun owner can better protect themselves better than the non-gun owners.

You can see this with the corporations that get shamed because 'they're hoarding.' They're the ones that survive the economic downturn because they're prepared to.

You can see this with the wealthy. They're the ones that survive the economic downturn because they're prepared to. They're the ones who can say 'so instead of a new car every 2 yrs, we'll do it every 5yrs.'

I think the 'we must shame them' culture will have to start with teaching your kids to give everything they earn to someone else to pool and decide what's 'equally acceptable' for them and everyone to have.

• Gravy
I don't believe this will ever work in the long run. Gun owners [the vast vast majority who are law abiding] are the ones that survive. Your government will fail you at some point & the gun owner can better protect themselves better than the non-gun owners.
I disagree with your premise. You're far likelier to die by your own gun than you are at the other end of someone else's.

Unless you also think that statistics are a librul conspiracy, in which case we've got nothing more to contest.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
I disagree with your premise. You're far likelier to die by your own gun than you are at the other end of someone else's.

Today? Because things are unbelievably secure? Because someone else knows I have/might have a gun so they leave me alone? Sure. I'll take those risks.

So take away everyone's guns and how do they protect themselves in the future. All the 'someone elses' know I don't have a gun to defend myself. Your premise is believing that guns are the problem when in reality they stop more problems than they start.

• Gravy