Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Just give it another 10 years man, you'll mellow out a bit, if you don't end up giving yourself a coronary by then.

You're going about this all wrong. There's nothing unique about you ya know. You're not special. You don't have anything more figured out than anyone else ever has. Theres been millions and billions of young people with no life experience and big ideas going back over decades and centuries and millennia. They all came out of childhood, peeled their eyelids back just enough to get a tiny glimpse of the real world, figured they'd seen it all, identified all the problems, figured out all the solutions, figured everyone else who didn't come to these same conclusions was some archaic "old", proclaimed life to be not fair and declared it never would be fair until everyone viewed it exactly like they did.

Guess what? Life ain't fair. Get over it.

Yelling at the world, shaking your fist, and proclaiming everyone who doesn't see things your way as some retrograde knuckledragger will get you nowhere. If you knew anything about human nature at all you'd know nobody will give you any credence acting like that. All.youre accomplishing with stuff like this is pushing them away from your ideas and entrenching even more firmly in the ideas you are against.

You need to be inspirational. Set an example. Humans are emotional creatures. Even the ones who claim to be all open-minded and rational and shit. People have to feel good about whatever idea it is you're trying to sell or they're never going to latch on to it.

Some guy who don't even have to shave his whole face yet yelling at the clouds like some disgruntled senile old man about how life ain't fair is most certainly not a successful path towards the acceptance of your ideas.

"Kids these days amirite."

-olds, forever and always

ammo

Give me a logical reason why poor people shouldn't sell their children as food for the wealthy. Poors get money and a relief from the burden of children, while the rich get a delicacy.

win/win

Did you just recognize a four year old headline from The Onion on sight?
Because you can get diseases from eating human flesh.

And that's a famous Onion headline, I knew it too.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and Duke
Because you can get diseases from eating human flesh.

And that's a famous Onion headline, I knew it too.
You can get diseases from eating lettuce.

It's famous because it's true and ever-relevant in these here United States of America. #thatsthejoke

Last edited:
"Kids these days amirite."

-olds, forever and always

ammo

Give me a logical reason why poor people shouldn't sell their children as food for the wealthy. Poors get money and a relief from the burden of children, while the rich get a delicacy.

win/win

Did you just recognize a four year old headline from The Onion on sight?

You went through all that work, and didn't post a single answer, just a shit ton of deflection.

I’m totally supportive of hoggz and his generation taking the lead through fist shaking etc.

Maybe they can fix something we’re too lazy and self absorbed to concern ourselves with.

But then again, this shit is hopeless and the only way to deal with it is pray, think, then spank Cheetah.

I’m totally supportive of hoggz and his generation taking the lead through fist shaking etc.

Maybe they can fix something we’re too lazy and self absorbed to concern ourselves with.

But then again, this shit is hopeless and the only way to deal with it is pray, think, then spank Cheetah.
We all go through that phase.

Not my problem that they don't have a clue how progress happens.

Our education system is shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Not my problem that they don't have a clue how progress happens.

Our education system is shit.

Giving a shit about what one leaves behind requires action to change and sadly, our subconscious can actually control what we care about enough, or not, to change. I know that sounds like mumbo jumbo, but our brains are wired to dump whatever IT deems non-essential or unimportant.

As long as half of us only care about Honey BooBoo or what Meghan is wearing, we be screwed, and possibly deservedly so.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

I expect most of this stuff will get changed via social pressure rather than legislative.

There's fewer households (as a percentage of the whole) that own guns now than 30 years ago.

Y'all can cling to your guns like it's some sort of totem that's going to keep you a virile young male for as long as you like, but I'm going to vocally judge you for it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
I expect most of this stuff will get changed via social pressure rather than legislative.

There's fewer households (as a percentage of the whole) that own guns now than 30 years ago.

Y'all can cling to your guns like it's some sort of totem that's going to keep you a virile young male for as long as you like, but I'm going to vocally judge you for it.
When the zombies come, don't hide behind us with the guns like little bitches.

Can't fight aliens with guns.

This is known.

B0051BVQFG_BattleLosAngeles_UXSY1._V145020189_RI_SX940_.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I'm curious as to if that directly correlates to the amount of households that no longer have an active hunter. Hunting has dropped dramatically over the past few decades too.

Some googling says about 10% of Americans hunted in 1955. Today it's about 6%. When you factor in population growth, 166m vs. 326m, you get about 3 million more hunters today than there was then even though the % is far reduced.

Fishing has stayed fairly steady.

And things like wildlife-watching and photography is far more popular than it used to be.

US Fish&Wildlife Service does surveys on it every 5 years if you're interested.

This article expresses some concern over wildlife management funding as license fees and taxes on gear account for a fair bit of that funding.

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/o...-the-decline-according-to-new-federal-survey/

Maybe we should put a wildlife tax on cameras.