Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Today? Because things are unbelievably secure? Because someone else knows I have/might have a gun so they leave me alone? Sure. I'll take those risks.

So take away everyone's guns and how do they protect themselves in the future. All the 'someone elses' know I don't have a gun to defend myself. Your premise is believing that guns are the problem when in reality they stop more problems than they start.
Ah yes, the lone wolf rides again.

My premise is based on facts and figures, rather than an inflated sense of manhood bolstered by the gun you keep as a replacement for your wiener.

There was a unknown man at the door with a mask on.

I didn't shoot, but I was glad I had the option if things escalated.

What would you do to protect yourself and family if this scenario escalated?
I'd vacate the premises.

Of course, I also keep the cars in the garage, so I don't have to dare the world to get into the car.

4f3qdht95ez01.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Jehannum
Ah yes, the lone wolf rides again.

My premise is based on facts and figures, rather than an inflated sense of manhood bolstered by the gun you keep as a replacement for your wiener.

You're projecting. Jeh: Let's ignore the balance of people that can protect themselves with guns against the crime commiting 'someone elses' and that it actually keeps the 'someone elses' to a minimum. Instead let's pretend the decreasing use for guns fired = no use for guns at all and claim anyone that disagrees with the faulty premise shameful. :fly:

This logic is like shaming people for having kitchens because food is a phonecall away so someone else 'more qualified' can provide it.

I think you pretending gun ownership is a replacement their wiener just gives you hope you have something to compare to.

all this "technology" what good is it
chip every fucking gun and make an app that shows you at any time where there are guns around you
bet it would be scary

This story is almost 20 years old......still hasn't happened.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/development-of-the-smart-gun/

Any type of wireless microchip/computerized/RFID type anything can be hacked by people smarter than me. The rest of us would just kill the guy and take his wristband or microchip gun key or whatever device is needed to make it work.

Or just steal it and set him up for the murder.

Or just use one of the 300 million non-smartguns we already have.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
You're projecting. Jeh: Let's ignore the balance of people that can protect themselves with guns against the 'someone elses' that actually keeps the 'someone elses' to a minimum. Instead let's pretend the decreasing use for guns fired = no use for guns at all and claim anyone that disagrees with the faulty premise shameful. :fly:

This logic is like shaming people for having kitchens because food is a phonecall away.

I think you pretending gun ownership is a replacement their wiener just gives you hope you have something to compare to.
Let's ignore the facts then (gun violence increases with gun ownership, crime does not vary with respect to gun ownership), and just argue based on your feewings.

chip every fucking gun and make an app that shows you at any time where there are guns around you
bet it would be scary

I actually am completely fine with putting a 'valid user' chip on every firearm.

• Gravy
bet it would be scary
Yes but a lot of the areas that are very gun heavy don’t really have tech connectivity or limited.

• Gravy
I'm telling you, just make it a source of social shame.

"Oh, we can't come over to @APRIL's house, she's got a gun, how gauche!"

This actually might be more effective than legislation. Shame it like they did cigarettes. And/or promote non-ownership like how "green" has become nothing more than a marketing buzzword.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Jehannum