The Price is Right, v. Apt

Drool-Boy said:
Ya know, I was gonna argue this point with you, then I realized I never cook so I couldnt tell you the difference:fly:
hahahahaha

I cook a little, but can honestly say I've never cooked in gas oven. From my understanding tho, most professional cooks prefer a gas stovetop and electric oven.

Want my recipe for sunshine cake pookums?

fly said:
I cook a little, but can honestly say I've never cooked in gas oven. From my understanding tho, most professional cooks prefer a gas stovetop and electric oven.
I cook a bunch, gas is easier to cook on than electric. When I moved into my condo (it has an electric stove) I burned things all the time because I was used to a gas range where when you turn it off, it's actually off, there's no "cool down" time. Electric ovens are better, they're supposed to heat more evenly. In fact, the only way you can get a gas oven is as part of a gas range. All stand-alone ovens (like double ovens and stuff) are electric now. (I'm remodeling my kitchen and I got a bunch of books)

IMHO, they're about the same. Both have advantages and disadvantages but neither is really that bad in the grand scheme of things.

CletusJones said:
I cook a bunch, gas is easier to cook on than electric. When I moved into my condo (it has an electric stove) I burned things all the time because I was used to a gas range where when you turn it off, it's actually off, there's no "cool down" time. Electric ovens are better, they're supposed to heat more evenly. In fact, the only way you can get a gas oven is as part of a gas range. All stand-alone ovens (like double ovens and stuff) are electric now. (I'm remodeling my kitchen and I got a bunch of books)

IMHO, they're about the same. Both have advantages and disadvantages but neither is really that bad in the grand scheme of things.
Electric ovens are better if you get a convection oven, otherwise the differences aren't that great IMO other than gas works when the power is out.

I like our gas oven better then our old glasstop electric. It looks cooler. Cooking wise I think it works better, but I'm not sure. I don't cook.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Electric ovens are better if you get a convection oven, otherwise the differences aren't that great IMO other than gas works when the power is out.
Gas only works with the power off if you don't have one that's got electronic ignition, and most nowdays have that.

I prefer gas over electric, that was the one thing I didn't like about my condo when I bought it.

CletusJones said:
Gas only works with the power off if you don't have one that's got electronic ignition, and most nowdays have that.

I prefer gas over electric, that was the one thing I didn't like about my condo when I bought it.
Based on the cost of natural gas ... fuck it. Go electric and learn to use the lower temp settings.

theacoustician said:
Based on the cost of natural gas ... fuck it. Go electric and learn to use the lower temp settings.
it's a non-issue now, I've learned how to use my electric range, it's just got a steep learning curve.

I made a mushroom & onion stuffed pork tenderloin roast the other day with baked potatoes, fresh green beans, and a delicious homemade gravy. I served it with a nice bottle of Zinfandel. The girlfriend was impressed. :D