The Price is Right, v. Apt

April23 said:
Are those air conditioning vents in the floor?
god you're cute:fly:

they're heating ducts. i know you don't need those where you live. or under all your personal insulation for that matter. the place does come with central air though, for those three summer days when we'll need it.

Drool-Boy said:
Thats in case you get stuck on the pot, you can call for help.

or it would be handy for those times when bill has to take a gymnastic relief and he's in there for like 45 minutes, he can call and tell me to postpone dinner:p

F33nX said:
or it would be handy for those times when bill has to take a gymnastic relief and he's in there for like 45 minutes, he can call and tell me to postpone dinner:p
Or he could leave the door open and just yell at you. Hell, if he's going to be in there for 45+ minutes, he probably should leave the door open so he doesn't fumigate himself.

F33nX said:
god you're cute:fly:

they're heating ducts. i know you don't need those where you live. or under all your personal insulation for that matter. the place does come with central air though, for those three summer days when we'll need it.

Don't be demeaning, we have those here as well. Back when I was a little girl we lived in a mobile home... I'm telling you those vents are the devil.

I was 3 or 4 and would slide across the kitchen in socks well I fell of course and landed on one and I still have the scar on my knee to prove it.

okay, now that you guys have seen this place, here's contestant #2: this place is closer for both of us to work and stuff, and water and cable are still included in the price. there is no extra storage or garage with this one.

upstairs full bath (including a pic of the leasing agent)
Picture_0060.JPG

one of the walk in closets, 1 per bedroom
Picture_0061.JPG

1 of the bedrooms, they looks identical so i took 1 picture. 1 is a hair bigger.
Picture_0062.JPG

view from the kitchen into the dining area/living room
Picture_0063.JPG

kitchen area
Picture_0064.JPG

living/dining room, view one
Picture_0065.JPG

living room, view two
Picture_0066.JPG

living room, view three (opposite the first view)
Picture_0067.JPG

how bout this one?

April23 said:
Don't be demeaning, we have those here as well. Back when I was a little girl we lived in a mobile home... I'm telling you those vents are the devil.

I was 3 or 4 and would slide across the kitchen in socks well I fell of course and landed on one and I still have the scar on my knee to prove it.

i grew up with baseboards, they made awful scary noises. my grandparents have radiators and i used to burn the hell out of myself when i played too close

F33nX said:
okay, now that you guys have seen this place, here's contestant #2: this place is closer for both of us to work and stuff, and water and cable are still included in the price. there is no extra storage or garage with this one.

upstairs full bath (including a pic of the leasing agent)
Picture_0060.JPG

one of the walk in closets, 1 per bedroom
Picture_0061.JPG

1 of the bedrooms, they looks identical so i took 1 picture. 1 is a hair bigger.
Picture_0062.JPG

view from the kitchen into the dining area/living room
Picture_0063.JPG

kitchen area
Picture_0064.JPG

living/dining room, view one
Picture_0065.JPG

living room, view two
Picture_0066.JPG

living room, view three (opposite the first view)
Picture_0067.JPG

how bout this one?
bast and jj used to have a kitchen laid out like that. It was a bitch to cook in. However, one thing I noticed from apartment living days : the better the shape of the kitchen and bathrooms, the better overall. Good communities have nice kitchens and bathrooms. If they're willing to spend to keep up the kitchen/bath, it also means they're willing to spend to fix shit quickly. Also, they typically only steam clean carpets and paint walls when you leave. A well kept kitchen/bathroom tells you roughly how the people who lived there before you treated the place, which gives you an idea of the kind of people who live in that complex.

April23 said:

Pics of scar for verification purposes.

Drool-Boy said:
electric stove = the suck
it's all i've ever used, so it's not a big deal. what bothers me is that the appliances in the first place i posted are quite a bit older. the second place was built in 1996, the first in 86.