Food The Perfect Glazed Ham

@helenabear
In this case the term "man" is used rather loosely.

That said, when are you going to dump that bum and get a real man?

I recommend a loose Nukes.
As soon as I find one that will take me, 2 cats as well as my ginger haired boy. Oh and I refuse to quit my job so I need someone tomtake on like 90% of the bills. get me that and I will dump him.

• Gravy
Reactions: Darth Handsome
Accounts are in my name and credit cards are all under my control. I'm not stupid.

eL3kqxI.gif

While I tend to agree with you, of all the nasty plastic chemical based spreads, Smart Balance is my favorite. My sister uses that crap and I don't HATE it.

I just don't understand people that choose a specialty diet and wind up eating crap that is really bad for them because of it. Vegans, those gluten sensitivity nutters, the Paleo people that wind up eating a ton of mercury containing fish, all of them. Crazy. Just eat some fucking delicious food and quit worrying about it. The worry will kill you before anything else. And most of the animals you are eating wouldn't have even existed if it weren't for the food industry so don't think twice about killing them. Just try to eat the ones that aren't all amped up on hormones and antibiotics if you can help it. If you can't, don't fucking worry about it. Again, the worry will kill you.

Man, I'm taking this food thread way too seriously. Where is my bong?
I eat so much healthier as a vegetarian than I did on the standard American diet. I don't eat "crap that is bad for me" so that i can stay on a specialty diet. I changed to a way of eating that is better for my health, the planet, and bonus, the hundreds of animals that I would have eaten are still alive.

I totally get allergies. I'm allergic to bananas, but it's not slight. Touching a banana might send me to the hospital. Parents love to let their kids wander around while eating those fucking things too. It's like the world is trying to kill me.

I also can't eat onions, msg, nitrates, artificial sweeteners, sulfates, tyramine in high concentrations, or citric acid in high concentrations. All that causes migraines for me. It blows.
Yessssss....
All of that kills me, too.

I did try introducing banana a few weeks ago. Sliced bit & put it on some toast.
Had migraines that night & for two days. And it never dawned on me it was the banana, because my stomach wasn't sick, but it makes the most sense.

This so much.

Seriously, margarine is vegetable oil that's first run through the same chemical process that's used to make paraffin from fuel oil at an oil refinery. Then there's some water and stabilizers added to it to give it the same physical properties (texture, melting point, whatever) as butter, followed by food coloring and artificial flavor to make it look and taste like butter. That shit isn't food, it's flavored wax.

There's lots of things you could replace it with in that recipe and still make kickass mashed potatoes. Butter's a mixture of oil and water, replace it with something that's also oil and water. Olive oil and vegetable broth. Or fuck it, ranch dressing.
Same with those terrible cooking oils & sprays.

I totally get allergies. I'm allergic to bananas, but it's not slight. Touching a banana might send me to the hospital. Parents love to let their kids wander around while eating those fucking things too. It's like the world is trying to kill me.

I also can't eat onions, msg, nitrates, artificial sweeteners, sulfates, tyramine in high concentrations, or citric acid in high concentrations. All that causes migraines for me. It blows.
This confuses me after reading your previoys post about not stressing out about what you eat.

Buying prepackaged taco seasoning mix is so lazy and expensive. I don't want things like maltodextrin and yellow corn flour and partially hydrogenated vegetable oil in my seasoning. You may think differently, but hey, this is just an opinion. Making your own taco seasoning is so simple! Alton Brown's is my favorite but to get closest to the old el paso one I think the All Recipes one is the best.

While I tend to agree with you, of all the nasty plastic chemical based spreads, Smart Balance is my favorite. My sister uses that crap and I don't HATE it.

I just don't understand people that choose a specialty diet and wind up eating crap that is really bad for them because of it. Vegans, those gluten sensitivity nutters, the Paleo people that wind up eating a ton of mercury containing fish, all of them. Crazy. Just eat some fucking delicious food and quit worrying about it. The worry will kill you before anything else. And most of the animals you are eating wouldn't have even existed if it weren't for the food industry so don't think twice about killing them. Just try to eat the ones that aren't all amped up on hormones and antibiotics if you can help it. If you can't, don't fucking worry about it. Again, the worry will kill you.

Man, I'm taking this food thread way too seriously. Where is my bong?

OK, so you're mad about packaged taco seasoning and fake butter ,but you use fake maple syrup??

Oh, and can I use grade b maple syrup? It's all I have.
:barf:

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and nukes
This confuses me after reading your previoys post about not stressing out about what you eat.

Well, I think choosing not to eat stuff and spending a lifetime thinking about food is different from having food allergies or having food that worsens medical conditions.

Also, note, I didn't include vegetarians in my rant. Although I bet you do eat a ton of soy which probably isn't the best idea. Regardless, you didn't save any animals. They would have died anyway. The animals being produced to feed people are being produced and killed regardless of your dietary habits. If you have made a significant enough impact on the food industry by your choice it would only be in that they stopped making as many baby animals or they kill more baby animals at birth.

Well, I think choosing not to eat stuff and spending a lifetime thinking about food is different from having food allergies or having food that worsens medical conditions.

Also, note, I didn't include vegetarians in my rant. Although I bet you do eat a ton of soy which probably isn't the best idea. Regardless, you didn't save any animals. They would have died anyway. The animals being produced to feed people are being produced and killed regardless of your dietary habits. If you have made a significant enough impact on the food industry by your choice it would only be in that they stopped making as many baby animals or they kill more baby animals at birth.
My family has a strong history of heart disease. When my mom had a heart attack at 54, i had my cholesterol checked, and it was over 300, despite being in my early 20s, low to normal weight, and dancing ballet 7 days a week. I had a choice of eating better or taking statin drugs the rest of my life. My cholesterol is now 158 at last check. My siblings are on statins and blood pressure meda already. Oh, also colon cancer in mom and aunt, mmmm bacon.

Far from thinking about food all the time, eating vegan is much easier than when I ate meat. There was a learning curve at the beginning, when i did eat the soy meats a couple times a week. I rarely do now, as I know how to cook, and vegan food is easy and quick to make. I don't avoid soy though, especially tofu, as it is a very healthy food.

The only difficult thing about eating vegan is the dickishness of other people about it, tbh.

And I think forced breeding and killing of young animals is disgusting, so if that is "all" I am saving, good on me.

How about planet earth? By not eating animals, my carbon footprint would be smaller than a meat eater's, even if I wanted to drive a huge SUV. Watch Cowspiracy and see the truth.