Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

Shit yes, the rules will be different, because I can trust my daughter. I can't trust my son.
I have the opposite issue. My daughter is brilliant and evil. She will.do anything to play a video game. She toggles between devices and uses the permissions on whatever device she's tapped into to download games.
I need her to complete her hacker training and lease her to the Federal Government.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
CEO was googling it and it mostly happens really bad at night when the child is growing too fast.
I was rubbing oils on his feet while CEO was comforting him and telling him he was getting big etc
We were up with him for 45 min!!

H. pylori survivor
Our youngin gets them pretty bad, too! He def has hit the puberty train earlier than most of his friend and def way sooner than his older bro! I try to remember to keep the magnesium supplements going every day. It helps with muscle recovery and overall health of muscles.

@Maureen, vitamin D before bed, and magnesium can help. A bath with epsom salt before bed helps to relax the muscles, and he absorbs magnesium in the bath.
Jussstt picked up Epsom salts yesterday! I was telling him that you soak your sore muscles in them. And he looked like he just thought it was so weird, so I had to full on explain that it's like the magnesium that you take, only you soak in it. Lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and Ledboots
Jussstt picked up Epsom salts yesterday! I was telling him that you soak your sore muscles in them. And he looked like he just thought it was so weird, so I had to full on explain that it's like the magnesium that you take, only you soak in it. Lol
I throw a couple drops of lavendar in there with it, and boom, sleep. :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
I throw a couple drops of lavendar in there with it, and boom, sleep. :)
I grew up wtih my mom's lavendar obsession. She would get it fresh from somewhre & dry it herself.
Stalks of drying lav on the walls errrywhere.
Then, she would "harvest" & mix with essentials oils and rub that on herself.
She's still obsessed with lavendar to this day, and you'd think I'd have some sort of fondness for it, but I don't!

/random short story

I grew up wtih my mom's lavendar obsession. She would get it fresh from somewhre & dry it herself.
Stalks of drying lav on the walls errrywhere.
Then, she would "harvest" & mix with essentials oils and rub that on herself.
She's still obsessed with lavendar to this day, and you'd think I'd have some sort of fondness for it, but I don't!

/random short story
im glad you're back to tell us these things.

• Gravy
so I've looked and looked for the Parenting Thread and I'm 99% sure @APRIL deleted it cuz ewwww kids.

anyhoo.. so my son walked to school alone for the 1st time yesterday and again today.
its about 5 min with only one residential street to cross, altho its can be heavy traffic in the AM with the school buses and other parents dropping kids off.

it was a hard thing for me to allow, but he said he was ready and has showed he can handle the responsibility.
so of course his father and i are freaking out... SO.... we are looking into putting a little GPS tracking thingamajig in his backpack or his shoe or a bracelet.
you can never be too careful

https://www.thetrackr.com

this site has some recommendations on what are some of the best options and devices

http://www.safewise.com/blog/10-wearable-safety-gps-devices-kids/

Tintell.jpg

and now onto the HELICOPTER PARENT thing.. :rolleyes:
we live in a sick and scary world. id like to think that nothing will happen to my child on his way to school and chances are he will be ok, but iffffff on the off chance that something happens or he simply gets lots, its such a relief knowing that this is a way to locate him..

we live in a great neighbourhood and in a seemingly quiet and safe town. he's responsible and knows about talking to strangers. i feel ok with his decision to walk alone.
but its nice to be super prepared.

@helenabear
@kiwi
@Applesauce
@Puff Dabby
@Ledboots

we all have kids the same age roughly, i know we all live in different countries and our cities vary, but what are your thoughts (I'm not tagging you dads)

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
No we dont. The world is safer than it has ever been, you just hear more about the bad shit because you hear it from kansas and vancouver and saudi arabia and india, where you used to just hear it if something bad happened in your town to someone you knew.
I agree with this.

We let our son walk where he wants and when he wants. He's more cautious than I am so I don't worry about things like that. In fact I am trying to encourage him to want to go riding a bunch on his own.

I know he'll get a cell phone soon but it won't be for tracking, it will be so he can just let me know what he wants to do. Go with friend after school? good with me. Though it can track fairly accurately where he has been if you need. Then again it tracks me too.

I'm rather anti-helicopter parenting though.

also, for tracking, just give him a phone and put google maps with location alert enabled on it, as well as cerberus. So you not only know where he is, but also can turn on video/mic/alarm/etc if something were to go wrong.
nope, no phone for him. he's only 10. we are not cool with that.
plus he can easily lose the phone. i dont care for finding a lost phone as much as i care for finding my own lost child

I let my kids wander all over hell and creation. I think they're about the same age as yours, @Maureen.

(8 and 10)
yes my son is 10.
when i was his age i wandered our whole island alone on my bike... i saw 1 old naked man in the bushes once and i ran home crying.
otherwise nothing really happened on our sweet island till some white dude came and killed some american girl and threw her body in the ocean, but that happened waaaaaaay after i moved away.

like i said I'm sure my son will be ok... but its nice to have this safety net

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I'm with @Maureen. That kid that got abducted in Brooklyn about a decade ago freaked me out- 7 block walk from school to the parents. He KNEW his abductor from the temple.

This is a disgusting world and it's a parents job to protect their kids until they can protect themselves.
this!!

i mean imagine if the parents just had the little tracker on their son and were able to find him before it was too late?
if all it takes is a little device on his shoe to give us that piece of mind, I'm all for it.
you just never know

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and nukes
this!!

i mean imagine if the parents just had the little tracker on their son and were able to find him before it was too late?
if all it takes is a little device on his shoe to give us that piece of mind, I'm all for it.
you just never know
You want to do it then do it. Honestly you're the parent.

This kind of thing doesn't get to me though because the chances of it happening again are small. Plus honestly he brought up a good point, the abductor KNEW THE KID. So if you go with that, your kid will never be safe. The abductor could just as easily toss items like a GPS as a cell phone.

• Gravy