Food The (not so) delicious food thread

My posts in the last day say this is good. Also says factually eating some things is bad for your body. I guess sometimes facts are morality? Whatever. I don't really post much about it and I certainly don't moralise about when I'm seeing pictures of dead animals on here, which is pretty gross if you stop and think about it.
No you dont. You do come off a bit judgy though. I dont find it gross, I do think if everyone had to butcher their own meat theyd probably think about it differently. Unfortunately COVID is turning out to be a sort of mediocre over politicized apocalypse.

I guess maybe it's more normal here, and I imagine some places in the US too. Everywhere has vegan options now, there are full vegan places everywhere and a lot of people you meet are vegan. About a third of my new workplace is vegan.
Image is an issue.

I literally tell employers I'm Jewish because I really detest pork and with my name... Anyway. It's easier than answering 500 questions about why I wont eat bacon. Actually I think that comes up entirely too much in the workplace. I do my job, I dont know why I need to be interrogated about why I dont eat pork....

Last edited:
About a third of my new workplace is vegan.
I'd think that is part confirmation bias, and part just where you work. You're in one of the soft sciences, right? Particularly one that deals with groups that would fall further onto the left of the political spectrum?
If so, I'd expect that you would have a higher percentage simply due to those two factors.

Also, considering the influence of Indian culture in the UK and their leanings towards veganism/vegetarianism, I would again expect that it would be easier to find vegan places over there than it would be here.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I'd think that is part confirmation bias, and part just where you work. You're in one of the soft sciences, right? Particularly one that deals with groups that would fall further onto the left of the political spectrum?
If so, I'd expect that you would have a higher percentage simply due to those two factors.

Also, considering the influence of Indian culture in the UK and their leanings towards veganism/vegetarianism, I would again expect that it would be easier to find vegan places over there than it would be here.
Part confirmation bias, but part just truth to be honest. I'm actually surprised I've only met one therapist that I know is vegan, it seems to me like a profession centred on empathy wouldn't condone eating meat but there you go. When every single restaurant in the City and probably UK wide has vegan options it's not just me and lefties who supply that demand. It's just a lot more popular in general. Perhaps the multi-culturalism helps but I'm not convinced that plays a huge factor in it. When you look at things like climate change and animal rights it's hard not to be pursuaded. Stuff like Veganuary etc. is really popular in the UK, not sure about the US.

Tre rub is the bomb on beer can chicken

you know where else you can rub that Tre Rub right ??

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: fly and tre
:lol: Can honestly say the difference in my body from not eating animals is fantastic. 10/10 do recommend.

i stopped eating read meat well over a year ago (2 yrs this summer) and it’s the best decision i made.
that fucking pain and bloat is forever gone

now i need to slow down on chicken and pork

i can’t imagine life without seafood tho
but my goal is to stop eating meat all together

good for you dory!!!

Don't you still smoke? Yeah, I don't care if it eventually turns out to be better for me, I enjoy eating it too much.

(FWIW, I doubt it will turn out to be better with the science we have in the next 100+ years.)

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Don't you still smoke? Yeah, I don't care if it eventually turns out to be better for me, I enjoy eating it too much.

(FWIW, I doubt it will turn out to be better with the science we have in the next 100+ years.)
hate to break it to you old man, but you probably only have 30ish years left.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia