Food The (not so) delicious food thread

View attachment 15703

We made chicken vindaloo a few nights ago using the twosleevers.com recipe. Plus parathas using the Ethan Chlebowski recipe, and some coconut chickpea curry thing the missus threw together without a recipe, and some sushi rice doused in leftover ghee. Good shit.

Parathas are the fucking best. Better than naan even, plus I can make them at home.
@APRIL

Crockpot pulled pork is looking fAbulous!

Snl Drunk Uncle GIF

I've been dieting since the start of the year and lost 10lbs so far so there's not tons of delicious food to write home about. Have found some nice mexican vegetable based dishes that have been delicious and having a lot of poke bowls for dinner to keep it low calorie. Tonight just a normal Sunday roast dinner with roast potato, stuffing and veg (carrots, brussel sprouts, purple sprouting brocolli and parsnips).

If anyone has any low cal (300ish) recipes for lunches or dinners that don't involve diary or meat gimme a shout.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I've been dieting since the start of the year and lost 10lbs so far so there's not tons of delicious food to write home about. Have found some nice mexican vegetable based dishes that have been delicious and having a lot of poke bowls for dinner to keep it low calorie. Tonight just a normal Sunday roast dinner with roast potato, stuffing and veg (carrots, brussel sprouts, purple sprouting brocolli and parsnips).

If anyone has any low cal (300ish) recipes for lunches or dinners that don't involve diary or meat gimme a shout.
You should try some jackfruit simmered in red chile sauce and shredded. It's amazing.

Could make a batch of ramen, if you do it at home you can control the ingredients, and the Japanese have a lot of vegan recipes.
The stock can be frozen in little individual servings and you can get the noodles separately. Mushrooms go well in ramen.

We have a tin of siracha jackfruit going into a morning tofu scramble actually. Probably the same effect?
Not really.

Here's my recipe:
2.5 pounds of jackfruit
8 oz whole dried red chile pods (preferably Chimayo, but failing that, ancho would probably work)
4 cups water
1 minced white onion
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Break the pods' stems off and discard the seeds. It's not necessary to get rid of every seed, but most should be gone.
Rinse them in a sink or large bowl, drain.
Roast them in the oven for about 5 minutes at 150°C on a cookie sheet, then allow to cool out of the oven.
Blend the pods with the water until it is a smooth, thick liquid.

Take everything and throw it in a slow cooker with the jackfruit. Cook until you can shred the jackfruit.

Put it in a tortilla, and make tacos in whatever way you enjoy. It tastes remarkably like carne adovada.