Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Could make a batch of ramen, if you do it at home you can control the ingredients, and the Japanese have a lot of vegan recipes.
The stock can be frozen in little individual servings and you can get the noodles separately. Mushrooms go well in ramen.

Well we both hate mushrooms but will have a look into ramen and calories. A good rule of thumb Ive found is outside of rice you basically dont eat carbs if you want low calorie. Joes been recommended a japanese cookbook recently, maybe I'll get it for him so he makes me shit.
Not really.

Here's my recipe:
2.5 pounds of jackfruit
8 oz whole dried red chile pods (preferably Chimayo, but failing that, ancho would probably work)
4 cups water
1 minced white onion
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Break the pods' stems off and discard the seeds. It's not necessary to get rid of every seed, but most should be gone.
Rinse them in a sink or large bowl, drain.
Roast them in the oven for about 5 minutes at 150°C on a cookie sheet, then allow to cool out of the oven.
Blend the pods with the water until it is a smooth, thick liquid.

Take everything and throw it in a slow cooker with the jackfruit. Cook until you can shred the jackfruit.

Put it in a tortilla, and make tacos in whatever way you enjoy. It tastes remarkably like carne adovada.
Cheers

I mean... I made it... Just not at home. It's a heart cause valentines day

I've never had a pizza from where I work but people tell me they are good. It's all fresh and we make our dough.
we're rather fussy about the roundness of pizza in these parts.

220217922image0000001.jpg
fuck yeah

homemade dinner rolls + seriouseats fried chicken done to a full tray of chicken boob + dill pickles + mayo. It's gonna be "I'm hungry, imma make a chicken slider" non-stop the next few days. Chicken like this reheats beautifully and quick in the air fryer.

Plus I've got 'random asian pork jerky', cheap pork rib roast that I sliced thin, marinated in a char siu sauce / soy sauce mix and dehydrated.

• Love
Reactions: fly
Made some Greek-Mex.

Marinated some chicken breast in lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and olive oil. Then quick hot cooked it in a frying pan. Then dry pan heated up some pre-made pita bread. Then smeared some sour cream in the "pocket" then put the chicken in there along with some raw diced cucumber, tomato, and red onion, then dripped a little more lemon juice over all that.

Maybe not like just how a Greek person would do it but was pretty good. Basically a bread taco without the salsa.
Could've used some salsa but I'm trying to expand my horizons here.

:lol: Can honestly say the difference in my body from not eating animals is fantastic. 10/10 do recommend.
I eat med just because I do. I eat a ton of farro, quinoa, spinach, raw vegetables, grilled fish etc. (I hate shellfish though). Wild rice & quinoa with some hot sauce is a great side.

I will say a lot of the vegan types really alienate people by talking about how they are vegan all the time :rolleyes: It's never just "this is good," it's "this is good and look at the condescending moral statement I'm making." *cough*

My posts in the last day say this is good. Also says factually eating some things is bad for your body. I guess sometimes facts are morality? Whatever. I don't really post much about it and I certainly don't moralise about when I'm seeing pictures of dead animals on here, which is pretty gross if you stop and think about it.