Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥45,783
ive got a mix honestly, aquaras, some older zigbee ones, etc. Theyre all the puck variety.

Only difference is the frequency which i change the batts. For some reason the aquaras need way more changes.

So no, no good recommendation, ive just gathered a buncha types over hte years when they were on sale

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥7,114
There really isn't any of that. Also, there are things called light switches.
Whoa it's not like I'm an actual electrician. What are these things called switches?! Sorcery.

No I just meant you can't really take all the smart home infrastructure with you if you move. I'm also kinda a redneck and appreciate just a woodstove. Like I spent 30 minutes trying to set up some dude's Bluetooth in his truck the other day and it was a nightmare.

Imma like give me a book. And I'm good.

Jehannum

Puts the "pro" in procrastination
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
₥89,801
Whoa it's not like I'm an actual electrician. What are these things called switches?! Sorcery.

No I just meant you can't really take all the smart home infrastructure with you if you move. I'm also kinda a redneck and appreciate just a woodstove. Like I spent 30 minutes trying to set up some dude's Bluetooth in his truck the other day and it was a nightmare.

You shouldn't put a woodstove in your house though.

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥64,205
Steam
mattressfish

Your argument now is that I might move? Okay.