Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

how you gonna remote control it? Jump the relay so its on all the time and use a smart plug to apply power?

Yeah, you'll have to measure how much current that pump draws and find a suitable power supply that'll run it. Wouldn't be surprised of those things pull 5-10 amps.

Instead of just getting a pump, I'd suggest scrapyard trip and getting the full combination pump/reservoir + hack the pigtail off the car as J suggested. And steal a washer nozzle and some tube and everything else and you'll have everything you need except switched 12V.

edit: steal a horn off the car, and maybe even steal a fog light. So you get bright light, blaring horn AND a blast of piss.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
But I don't want to go to a scrapyard... *whine*

edit: What about this then

My way is cheaper and easier.

Also, a racoon may not give a shit about being squirted with a windshield wiper stream (and/or it may miss them, whereas a rotating stream from a sprinkler sure wont)

But I don't want to go to a scrapyard... *whine*

edit: What about this then

You can use that one with some 1/4" spade connectors, so yeah, that'll do, pig.

Also, a racoon may not give a shit about being squirted with a windshield wiper stream (and/or it may miss them, whereas a rotating stream from a sprinkler sure wont)
That thing is $60, but I guess I might get there with the wiper and relays/psu/etc. RACOON WIPER 9000 seems so much cooler tho.

This is a good point. High pressure blast from a garden hose vs a dribble of piss is gonna have a much better effect.

Also, can't this be built with 100% off-the-shelf shit, like this?

Amazon product ASIN B0758NR8DJ

in that case, just hook it into your irrigation, make your irrigation smart, and control that "zone".

If you wanna do it from a hose, just get a bhyve hose end controller. Theres a great bhyve integration for HA

This is a good point. High pressure blast from a garden hose vs a dribble of piss is gonna have a much better effect.

Also, can't this be built with 100% off-the-shelf shit, like this?

Amazon product ASIN B0758NR8DJ
thats the same one i linked him to earlier :D And then he gets garden-hose stream blast rather than windshield piss stream.

edit: goddamnit, thats what you said. I need to read.