Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Not that I know what stabil has in it, but I dont know anything in seafoam that will keep ethanol gas good. Its naphtha, light oil, and ethanol last I checked.
Stabil is just straight up glycol essententially. It creates a film barrier and protects the fuel from oxidation that way. Valid point about seafoam, chemically i dont know why it would, but i do practically know it works.

Look for marinas or places boats might fill up at.
Around here every Wawa has ethanol free available, but that may be a coastal thing.

Hadn't thought of that, thanks, although here that would be the marinas out at the lake, 20 miles away and probably double the price per gallon, lol.

https://www.pure-gas.org/ map of all the places nearby with eth free gas
Pretty sure that the DOT (or EPA or somethin') mandates there be some kind of oxygenating agent be in all gas sold. So, you're either gonna get ethanol, which props up BIG CORN, or you're gonna get MTBE, which is TURNIN' THE FROGS GAY.

edit: It's the EPA that mandates oxygenated fuels.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
MTBE is whats classified as sparingly soluble in water. Which is the important metric here and why eth is a problem.

"Usually materials are treated as sparingly soluble if 1g of material requires 30 to 100ml of solute to dissolve. "

AWESOME - thanks! Worked like a charm - bamm, station I usually go to was listed there. A casual perusal of Michigan had me feeling like it was an "out in the sticks" thing to sell the ethl free.
This calls for music.

The ones here (half dozen or so) are either on the lake (marina), or at the town/suburb you go to for supplies if you were at a lake further out of town.

• Gravy
I've gotta swap out the "smart" lock on my door. Twice yesterday, it unlocked itself for no reason, with no inputs. I pulled the module out.

This is also the lock that has several times locked us inside the house, making the deadbolt physically impossible to turn.

fuck this unsafe kwikset bullshit.

I've gotta swap out the "smart" lock on my door. Twice yesterday, it unlocked itself for no reason, with no inputs. I pulled the module out.

This is also the lock that has several times locked us inside the house, making the deadbolt physically impossible to turn.

fuck this unsafe kwikset bullshit.
That's what I use and have never had a problem. The thing has been fantastic.

I assume you checked the ST event log to make sure you don't have some automation that accidentally did it?

That's what I use and have never had a problem. The thing has been fantastic.

I assume you checked the ST event log to make sure you don't have some automation that accidentally did it?
it does it even when its not paired.

Your robit brethren are trying to protect you. You need to direct interface with it and talk to it to find out what is up.

it appears to have the robot equivalent of severe downs syndrome coupled with a traumatic head injury. Last time i tried to talk to it, it dumped /dev/random all over me. Took many cycles to get the smell out.

• Haha
on another note, it seems like zwave and zigbee are kinda dying in favor of everything being wifi. Which sucks from a protocol and secuirty perspective.

I get it, ease of consumer use, but still, boo.