Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I don't think that will be the case, because batteries. And even with wifi 6, the network will be nasty congested as we move towards 200 or 300 devices or more in today's smart home.

on another note, it seems like zwave and zigbee are kinda dying in favor of everything being wifi. Which sucks from a protocol and secuirty perspective.

I get it, ease of consumer use, but still, boo.
Hopefully low-power wifi is becoming a thing along with it, for the sake of everyone running their shit on batteries.

The wife convinced me to do one of those sliding barn door deals over the office in our house
Its a double-door entry, with shitty glass french doors presently
I bought all the hardware needed
Was looking at doors and holy crap theyre expensive for what you get. Total pieces of crap
Im not hanging some hollow-core shit show barn door look alike thing in my house
So now I have to make some myself ffs
found some nice cedar to make them with, but itll give my planer a workout since its all rough cut
Probably wont even be able to think about getting started until after the holiday

also, I still have that garbage disposal to install
I think its on my porch right now :p

The wife convinced me to do one of those sliding barn door deals over the office in our house
Its a double-door entry, with shitty glass french doors presently
I bought all the hardware needed
Was looking at doors and holy crap theyre expensive for what you get. Total pieces of crap
Im not hanging some hollow-core shit show barn door look alike thing in my house
So now I have to make some myself ffs
found some nice cedar to make them with, but itll give my planer a workout since its all rough cut
Probably wont even be able to think about getting started until after the holiday

also, I still have that garbage disposal to install
I think its on my porch right now :p
Pics of process and results plz!

I’m trying to bang out house shit that has been hanging over my head.

Like the closet ceiling drywall and the spare decking going down on the old stair landing.

Did the first coat of mud on the ceiling.

Used up all the leftover free trex from Home Depot on the landing.

I’m 20 board feet short.

Next up, pantry closets and #MANCAVE A/V stuff like more temp hookups for Stupid Bowl TVs and speakers.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I bought an old house in the suburb. Best of luck, that house was built probably 100 years ago and is sturdy. I want to remodel most of it. I like work with my own hands.
ha

hahahaha

hahahahahaha

be sure to not have any other life ambitions in the meantime.

Also, dont fuckin start multiple projects at the same time, dont you do it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
fixed the dryer that had been squeaking up a hellstorm for months. Little UHMW tabs that the drum rides on had eroded away, cause the plastic they were mounted to is heat-rotten and collapsed under em. I wrapped it in gorilla tape and superglued the uhmw tabs in place.

Its quiet... for now. I give it another 10-15 loads before its done for.

fixed the dryer that had been squeaking up a hellstorm for months. Little UHMW tabs that the drum rides on had eroded away, cause the plastic they were mounted to is heat-rotten and collapsed under em. I wrapped it in gorilla tape and superglued the uhmw tabs in place.

Its quiet... for now. I give it another 10-15 loads before its done for.
Print some replacements, chump.

I think my review says it all. FUcking Sears!

Wanted 2 additional shelves for freezer(new). When I went to return the wrong shelves that were sent, the agent offered to get me the right part. Even with the sku of the freezer, just bought a month before, the wrong schematic was obviously pulled up. I give up - I'll MAKE the two shelves I wanted to add from rubber coated wire shelving material. Total fail on Sears

I think my review says it all. FUcking Sears!

Wanted 2 additional shelves for freezer(new). When I went to return the wrong shelves that were sent, the agent offered to get me the right part. Even with the sku of the freezer, just bought a month before, the wrong schematic was obviously pulled up. I give up - I'll MAKE the two shelves I wanted to add from rubber coated wire shelving material. Total fail on Sears

Sounds like a computer guy screwup or a whoever puts together manuals and parts lists screwup, not really anything wrong with the actual freezer.

When they get it figured out they ought to just give you a couple shelves with a thank-you note for finding the error.

That kinda thing is how you turn a dissatisfied customer into a loyal one.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie