Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Maybe 6-8 months. And I use it pretty regularly. I'd bet you're worrying about things that don't need worryin. ;)
Mechanical connections do come apart. But that looks pretty quality so I agree - my niggling worry that the spout might take a shit and dump gas everywhere is probably unfounded. "Will this item take a shit on me" is just an occupational hazard for people who are routinely expected to put shit back together when they break.

Mechanical connections do come apart. But that looks pretty quality so I agree - my niggling worry that the spout might take a shit and dump gas everywhere is probably unfounded. "Will this item take a shit on me" is just an occupational hazard for people who are routinely expected to put shit back together when they break.

Hey. I thought the same thing when I saw the picture. Lots of parts on that. Gas cans sure have gotten fancy (and expensive)!

IME that's just more stuff to break.
I have enough actual cans to store around 70-75 gallons if the caps/spouts didn't break. As it is I can only store around 40 and some of those are rigged up. Plastic to seal under cracked caps, broken spouts, etc.

IME that's just more stuff to break.
I have enough actual cans to store around 70-75 gallons if the caps/spouts didn't break. As it is I can only store around 40 and some of those are rigged up. Plastic to seal under cracked caps, broken spouts, etc.
You need one of these and a good 55 gallon drum. :p
9270 * barrel pump, manual.

Bill Ray Cyrus says

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
You need one of these and a good 55 gallon drum. :p
View attachment 9270 * barrel pump, manual.

Except I can lift/move/transport the cans.

I like to keep enough on hand to be able to fill up both cars (or take it with us if need be), which is about 40-45 gallons.

Bit of a prepper mentality I guess. Shouldn't rely on just in time delivery being there just in time all the time.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

I like to keep enough on hand to be able to fill up both cars (or take it with us if need be), which is about 40-45 gallons.

Bit of a prepper mentality I guess. Shouldn't rely on just in time delivery being there just in time all the time.
Its a joke hips. Too funny it's your turn today :)

• Haha
Its a joke hips. Too funny it's your turn today :)
OK. Guess I haven't been in the barrel for awhile.

By the time hurricanes get this far inland they're just good thunderstorms but they still bring the panic. Last time they came to the coast, 150+ miles away, where the refineries are, gas stations were empty here. We were cruising around like nothing happened.

• Gravy

youd better be buying ethanol free then, or separating it yourself

youd better be buying ethanol free then, or separating it yourself

Everything down here says "up to 10%" ethanol.
It gets rotated out. Don't have a specific schedule or anything but none of it sits for anywhere near 6 months. Average probably more like 3.
Every now and then just dump some in the truck, throw the cans in back, fill them up again next time I'm at the station.

• Gravy
Guess Ive stuck one too many critters down my garbage disposal, because it seems to have sprung a leak.
A quick interweb search tells me its a seal inside and easier-cheaper to replace than repair.
Ordered a new one from amazon because it was cheaper than getting it at the store. But now I have to wait 2 days for it to get here and have to live with no kitchen sink till then.

I got the CritterGrinder3000 so hopefully itll be up to the task.

Everything down here says "up to 10%" ethanol.
It gets rotated out. Don't have a specific schedule or anything but none of it sits for anywhere near 6 months. Average probably more like 3.
Every now and then just dump some in the truck, throw the cans in back, fill them up again next time I'm at the station.
Look for marinas or places boats might fill up at.
Around here every Wawa has ethanol free available, but that may be a coastal thing.

• Gravy
Guess Ive stuck one too many critters down my garbage disposal, because it seems to have sprung a leak.
A quick interweb search tells me its a seal inside and easier-cheaper to replace than repair.
Ordered a new one from amazon because it was cheaper than getting it at the store. But now I have to wait 2 days for it to get here and have to live with no kitchen sink till then.

I got the CritterGrinder3000 so hopefully itll be up to the task.
seal.jpg