Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Domon

enjoys a good porkin'
May 19, 2011
Marklar
43,115.69₥
Yeah that stuff is pretty popular around here. And I don't think it is free (excluding delivery and installation) which is kind of annoying. Another good one is crushed bedrock. All of the little pieces lock together and don't allow water to tear a deep groove in it. That's the problem I am having now with just regular gravel. Enough of a slope for water to catch speed and erode the driveway.
i paid about 150 a double axle. Which is roughly the price you pay to deliver anything, not including material. So the cost of trucking is the only cost.

The best way to avoid water erosion is to have a proper hump to the road too, about 4 degrees if i aremember right.

Josh

Biff Clurton
Oct 9, 2006
Marklar
6,122.72₥
i paid about 150 a double axle. Which is roughly the price you pay to deliver anything, not including material. So the cost of trucking is the only cost.

The best way to avoid water erosion is to have a proper hump to the road too, about 4 degrees if i aremember right.
I dug a small ditch along side of the driveway a couple weeks ago with a spade shovel after one torrential downpour eroded the driveway. It worked pretty well actually. Need to finish digging it longer though.

Jehannum

Eats bananas with the peel still on
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
84,231.16₥
Yeah that stuff is pretty popular around here. And I don't think it is free (excluding delivery and installation) which is kind of annoying. Another good one is crushed bedrock. All of the little pieces lock together and don't allow water to tear a deep groove in it. That's the problem I am having now with just regular gravel. Enough of a slope for water to catch speed and erode the driveway.
Saw something like this advertised on the Facebooks the other day, maybe it'd help?

Domon

enjoys a good porkin'
May 19, 2011
Marklar
43,115.69₥
Saw something like this advertised on the Facebooks the other day, maybe it'd help?
any stuff like that (or any geotextile really) just becomes prohibitely expensive on many hundreds to fractions of a mile long drives

Valve1138

I eat my own poo with a spoon
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
60,275.54₥
I noticed warm attic air was coming in through some of the recessed cans upstairs.

Went and picked up a retrofit led kit at Home Depot. 4 pack for $20.

The led package replaces the trim kit and covers the entire hole. No more air coming through.

They also have 4 selectable light temps.

I could afford this because I have a reasonably priced tv.

Last edited: