Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

nah, the houses are too close together for that. They could burn down their own crib. :cool: All fun aside, nukes has a pretty decent crib.
hey @nukes - take in the green garbage can ya lout, bringing down the property values!
That's the recycling bin. MIL puts garbage in it.
Someday the recycling dudes are gonna come by with torches for a housewarming party.
I'll give em MIL and rat her out. She's too old to get preggers anyhoo.

That's the recycling bin. MIL puts garbage in it.
Someday the recycling dudes are gonna come by with torches for a housewarming party.
I'll give em MIL and rat her out. She's too old to get preggers anyhoo.
Goofball, that's not the recycling bin, that fucker is 5 feet tall and hold 65 gallons It's a Kerby Can for your main trash - same color and model we have. Waste Management issue to be exact. Look at Google Earth again.

Green is recycling, BLACK is trash. This is Charlotte, I'm sure they had a purpose for all that.
That's silly. It's f'n huge! Most cities give you a small recycler and a big trash can. Then again, CHarlotte does appear to have a lot of trash :p
Maybe they made the trash can black for solar efficiency. Probably gets hot enough to kill any maggots inside in just an hour or so in the sun. I do same thing with my composters when they are running cold.

BOT - good luck with the grass. Seriously consider the modern perennial ryegrasses - you'll love the low maintenance.

That's silly. It's f'n huge! Most cities give you a small recycler and a big trash can. Then again, CHarlotte does appear to have a lot of trash :p
Maybe they made the trash can black for solar efficiency. Probably gets hot enough to kill any maggots inside in just an hour or so in the sun. I do same thing with my composters when they are running cold.

BOT - good luck with the grass. Seriously consider the modern perennial ryegrasses - you'll love the low maintenance.
our city gave everyone a 90gal roller can for recycle
The recycle bin goes out every week
The actual trash goes out maybe once a month

Goofball, that's not the recycling bin, that fucker is 5 feet tall and hold 65 gallons It's a Kerby Can for your main trash - same color and model we have. Waste Management issue to be exact. Look at Google Earth again.

Our recycling one is huge like that and our trash one is tiny. Because there's precious little actual trash. Everything comes in plastic or cardboard packaging or a metal can or glass bottle. When you use the product and recycle the packaging there's nothing left to put in a trash can.

I'm about to join the homeowner club (finally) :eek: Today while walking around with the home inspector, I had to do a double/triple take: seller has like 15 marijuana plants spread around outside on the property: some in pots, some in the ground. Probably his medicinal marijuana licensed grow. Should I ask if the plants come with the house? I didn't think many people grew marijuana outside this late in the season.

I'm about to join the homeowner club (finally) :eek: Today while walking around with the home inspector, I had to do a double/triple take: seller has like 15 marijuana plants spread around outside on the property: some in pots, some in the ground. Probably his medicinal marijuana licensed grow. Should I ask if the plants come with the house? I didn't think many people grew marijuana outside this late in the season.

Depends on the location/growing season. This is getting into budding/harvest in the northern climes. South can go another month.

And fuck yes, see if you can get them with the house.

I have waste management and both my trash and recycling are 65 gallons. The recycling can has a yellow lid and the trash has a green lid.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I have waste management and both my trash and recycling are 65 gallons. The recycling can has a yellow lid and the trash has a green lid.
Ironically, the day after that back/forth I drove through a neighborhood where it was like nukes'. Brown and green. I live out in the "Sticks" and all WM gives us is one of those rectangular pricks that holds maybe 15 gallon for the recyclables. We could really use the tall ones with a lid - raccoons and crows have a field day on trash day.

We got a 96 gallon trash barrel with our out of city limits trash service we pay $45 a quarter for.

Usually just has 2 kitchen bags in it, which is why I didn't feel bad putting a piece of wall out there one week.

I put one out once that size and it was full of broken tiles :p
took 3 of the fuckers to load into the back of the trash truck, but they got it in there

I replaced the bottom seal on the big door yesterday and that helped a lot. Gonna do the small one when I can.

I'll probably insulate them too, since that'll help with the noise and the heat. First though, I'm going to blow in some insulation over the rafters.
How hard is this? I’d like to improve the insulation in this house to help with a/c costs.