Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Half of the windows in my mom's house are the same way, have to prop the sashes up with scrap wood. One window seal or the coating on the inside of the window has failed (looks permanently fogged). And the little plastic snaps that allow you to pull the sash down to clean it are broken. Cheap fucking canadian windows.

brand new ceiling fan had a dead start capacitor :/ basically impossible to replace the fan in a timely manner. Ordered a new start cap from china.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
It's works well if you're stuff is pretty close already and just needs a little correction here and there to make a truly flat surface.

It's not for "fixing" stuff that needs real levelling, like an inch or two drop across one room or whatever.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I have.

What's your question?
Is it something that Ape and I could do easily? Or something I can do myself? The internet seems to show that if you don't know what you're doing, it should be a multi-person job. The total area is about 300 sqft.

I haven't ripped up the carpet yet to find out what we've got on the slab, but I assume there will be some work. I didn't really know to do it when I did our bedroom, and there are some planks that flex.

Is it something that Ape and I could do easily? Or something I can do myself? The internet seems to show that if you don't know what you're doing, it should be a multi-person job. The total area is about 300 sqft.

I haven't ripped up the carpet yet to find out what we've got on the slab, but I assume there will be some work. I didn't really know to do it when I did our bedroom, and there are some planks that flex.
I didn't have much trouble doing it myself, but I had an area that was maybe a square meter to level in the corner of a bathroom.

I just calculated a volume, mixed slightly more than that, poured it into the deepest spot, and it leveled itself, easy peasy. I seem to recall having to brush the edges out when it was about 75% cured.

first thing is to map your room and determine your maximum differential. you generally dont level the whole area, only thesmall problem spots.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I wonder, did you take any advantage of your rumba's mapping capabilities. Does it go so far as to measure changed in position in regards to height?