Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Masonry company conveniently forgot to remove the $400 charge they wanted for "scaffolding" off the final invoice.

I know what ladders look like.
Have they shown up yet? Most masonry work is much faster using scaffolding. And they may rent it, in which case there is pickup and drop-off fee.

Home buying process moving along pretty good. Home inspection was good, a few really minor issues that the seller will fix. Water test showed high uranium levels (148 micrograms/liter, 30 micrograms/liter is epa standard) so I'll need to get a reverse osmosis under-sink filter system at some point. I mostly drink bottled water right now since there is softened water at the current place I'm at. Homeowners insurance purchased. Just waiting on appraisal. Closing is end of month.

A glowing review. :p Seriously, that would worry me. Does the soil have high levels or just the water? Good luck with the house though. Good call on the reverse osmosis.

A glowing review. Seriously, that would worry me. Does the soil have high levels or just the water? Good luck with the house though. Good call on the reverse osmosis.
Water only. Although I have not tested the air for radon. Uranium in well water is pretty common. The well is 400ft deep, fairly deep by Maine standards. It's on a hilltop so I'm not surprised.

Water only. Although I have not tested the air for radon. Uranium in well water is pretty common. The well is 400ft deep, fairly deep by Maine standards. It's on a hilltop so I'm not surprised.
Cool that it's not in the soil. Wow, 400 feet IS deep - I'm at 280ish and that is fairly deep too. Hope you have a nice big air pressure tank for the well.