NSFW The Exercise Thread

I went from 290 to 230 in about 6 months in 2013. My regimen was started with a couch-to-5k program, running 3x a week, while on the remaining 2 days I would do circuit training (1 set per exercise) with 2 minutes of HIIT between circuits. Tuesday is core/arm day, which means bench, deltoid raise, lat pulldowns, declined bench, inclined bench, shoulder press, and pullups. Thursday is leg day, which means squats, dead lifts, calf raises, and hip abduction/adduction.

My 5k time went from abysmal (around 45) to pretty good (around 25). I also altered my diet significantly (no soda, little sugar).

Then I started the operations and chemo and got completely fucked. I lost all muscle tone and all aerobic fitness (not having any functional blood will do that to you...). At my worst, I was around 190. I gained it all back to about 240, but I'm slowly working back to fighting shape again.

teeth, fine. the flavor killed me for about a week, then, no biggie. Now, if I have a sip of regular soda, it's like the sweetest beverage ever. ie: how can people drink stuff this sweet??? oh, i did. . . der.

Same here!!! I've had some fountain sodas that I can stomach but most of it is way too sweet for more than a sip or two.

Probably doesn't help that I prefer things like tart lemonades to sweet drinks too.

You've got a gimpy hip, though.

I could do it in the mid-22s when I was a high school xc runner.

Wow, good memory.
@Wessels is about that fast... He's naturally good at running. All us old people that he runs with envy him.

How often do you run now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, good memory.
@Wessels is about that fast... He's naturally good at running. All us old people that he runs with envy him.

How often do you run now?
In the winter, 3x a week. Once it's nice outside, I move from the indoor track to my bike once or more a week (I have a 23 mile loop that takes me past the general mills plant, ZOMG the smell is so nice!) in lieu of running, so maybe 2x per week.

Last edited:
I'm water all day. Might have an OJ for breakfast or an Arnold Palmer but no coffee ever. Never liked it.

I suck at drinking water and living in the desert I should be drinking even more. I currently do some sort of cardio 3 times a week for 30-60 min, plus still paddling at least one night a week usually. I stopped exercising when I had my crazy school schedule last semester and now need to get back into it and lift weights the 2 days I'm not doing cardio. I put on like 6 pounds in the last 6 months and it all needs to come off.

Cappuccino queen here. I have one a day, in the afternoon after the boy is home from school & I make him hot chocolate at the same time. In the mornings, I have hot lemon water, followed by tea, then a lot of water throughout the day. I tend to get dehydrated super easily.

i've sat on my ass, eaten jelly bellies, had double large portions of fried rice and done no exercise... feels good

also drinking a gulden draak