Ontopic The 3D printing thread

@gee @Jehannum @fly @Domon

Thoughts on a website that would spit out STLs for basic parts?

I just spent an hour or two designing an adapter for a LED work lamp. Closed Solidworks and realized I forgot to make this

Its such a basic part that it annoyed me to close everything so I could open Solidworks. Think it could be spit out of a website?

View attachment 9788
What @gee said would be the best answer. I use OpenSCAD as my first resort.

Keep it up fellas.

Hopefully, you’ll all be around when they start printing up body parts. I imagine teeth and bones will be first, then organs eventually. Imagine that. I could have a new ticker and lungs printed up, then I could fuck it all up over again!

I went a little tall. 11" I think.
I was afraid you were going to say that. Look at my original request again. :(

So how much would it cost to have someone (one of you?) design and print me some of these?

Except I need them about 6" tall. I like the idea of get some round stickers of famous people (I think that was @Mr. Asa's idea?) and sticking them to these taps.

(I haven't run any of this past @APRIL, but at least they aren't veiny dicks.)

One of your early mockups did look about 6" talll. Somewhere along the way, I guess it got longer? :(

I've been too stressed / busy to help out with this, I apologize. Above is the setup, it's super tight.... 2" wide max... being on the shorter side with height is ideal too because everything is so close together, it'll get wonky and bump into each other.

I can shorten them, but they start to look weird to me which is why I went with that height. I have a prototype I was going to give as a spare incase something broke and two complete ones at that height. I can swing by and we can install them and see how they look and work?

If we need to change it that isnt a big deal for me.
Now that I've got a design setup it takes less than a minute to go in and change stuff for height and width, so it's easy enough to change. Printing is three button pushes and checking in 5 minutes later after warm up to make sure its laying down the first layer properly then I ignore it till its done.

I can shorten them, but they start to look weird to me which is why I went with that height. I have a prototype I was going to give as a spare incase something broke and two complete ones at that height. I can swing by and we can install them and see how they look and work?

If we need to change it that isnt a big deal for me.
Now that I've got a design setup it takes less than a minute to go in and change stuff for height and width, so it's easy enough to change. Printing is three button pushes and checking in 5 minutes later after warm up to make sure its laying down the first layer properly then I ignore it till its done.
Whew. Sorry man. Yeah, 6" gives it enough height with some room left over to be able to stick your hand behind the tap.

Whew. Sorry man. Yeah, 6" gives it enough height with some room left over to be able to stick your hand behind the tap.
Like I said, no worries. I still wouldn't mind swinging by with those to put them on and get a better idea of how the final product might need to look and if I want to mess with the design more.

If they dont work you can make them into trophies for your next 5k

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Like I said, no worries. I still wouldn't mind swinging by with those to put them on and get a better idea of how the final product might need to look and if I want to mess with the design more.

If they dont work you can make them into trophies for your next 5k
Sure. I know its a haul tho to get over here. If it's easier, just drop it in the mail, and then you can bring the finals to celebrate. I can send ya a shipping label. ;)

Sure. I know its a haul tho to get over here. If it's easier, just drop it in the mail, and then you can bring the finals to celebrate. I can send ya a shipping label. ;)
It's not too bad out of the way from work. I need to check what Ladybutt and I are doing Wednesday, but I think I can swing by then. I'll let you know.