Thanksgiving is almost upon us

zengirl said:
Oh dang! :egads:

I'm subjecting myself to my father's cooking on turkey day, then making up for it by cooking my own turkey dinner at my mom's house on Saturday.

My dad thinks turkey is done when it's all dried out jerkey style

sooo gross.

you know what's good with dry turkey? ranch dressing. :drool: oh, and there's a little bbq place in my hometown that has THE BEST white bbq sauce EVAR!!!! here...you will never go back to any other sauce after the original white sauce.
http://www.bigbobgibson.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BBGB&Category_Code=S

theacoustician said:
You guys can do whatever you want with your birds.

hayguyz2.gif

Thorn Bird said:
you know what's good with dry turkey? ranch dressing. :drool: oh, and there's a little bbq place in my hometown that has THE BEST white bbq sauce EVAR!!!! here...you will never go back to any other sauce after the original white sauce.
http://www.bigbobgibson.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BBGB&Category_Code=S
Unfortunately, white sauces almost always mean milk or cream... and I can't have either of those things.

The good news is that my family is so large that nobody will really be paying attention to what I'm eating/not eating so I can pretty much be as picky as I want to be with my food.

I don't even really want to go. I'm not on the best terms wtih that side of the family anymore. It's going to be pretty uncomfortable.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I hope it goes ok for you Zengirl :heart:
Thank you :heart: I hope you enjoy your first American Turkey day along with your first Black Friday. :fly: If you're anything like me... after going out on Black Friday, you'll never ever want to shop ever again

zengirl said:
Thank you :heart: I hope you enjoy your first American Turkey day along with your first Black Friday. :fly: If you're anything like me... after going out on Black Friday, you'll never ever want to shop ever again
Me? Never want to shop again? Nevar!:fly:

Bubbles said:
My dad makes the stuffing everyyear....nothing on earth like dad's stuffing. All I know is you sautee onions and celery in butter with salt and pepper. Then he rips up a loaf of slightly stale white bread and a few pieces of stale wheat. I don't know where he goes from there, cause he says its a secret, but it probably wouldn't be too difficult to make your own twist with that basic recipie.

edit: I think he adds an egg or two and a bit of water to hold the bread together as well.

does he boil the innerds from the turkey and use that broth or tap water?

I am having 'sex' for Thanksgiving I mean company for Thanksgiving. My best friend is coming to visit for the week.

Oh no - so this means I have to cook the whole Thanksgiving dinner all by myself :0 Anyone want to give me step by step instructions Thursday morning so I don't blow the kitchen up :yikes:

gottoys? said:
I am having 'sex' for Thanksgiving I mean company for Thanksgiving. My best friend is coming to visit for the week.

Oh no - so this means I have to cook the whole Thanksgiving dinner all by myself :0 Anyone want to give me step by step instructions Thursday morning so I don't blow the kitchen up :yikes:

find some sort of gourmet shop and have it delivered...most of my relatives in NYC do that :)

gottoys? said:

I can't get past the fact that you screw your best friend. That is bizarre.

why_ask_why said:
they're both adults...if the arrangement works for them then so be it

I guess I just can't imagine fugging any of my friends, let alone hanging out with them afterwards like everything was completely normal. :fly:

"Pizza?"

"Sure."

*hump hump hump hump hump hump*

"Diet Coke?"

"Thanks. What's on t.v.?"

theacoustician said:
Funny, the first thing on their Thanksgiving website is DO NOT LET RAW MEAT TOUCH ANY OTHER PREPARED FOOD or the part where they talk about having to measure internal turkey temperature in the middle of the stuffing instead of the deep part of the breast. After actually getting sick at Thanksgiving in the past, I'll take the safe way, thanks.
simple way to solve the stuffing issue: make venison stuffing outside of the bird, since you wouldn't want to contaminate teh bambi with a silly ol turkey :drool: