Thanksgiving is almost upon us

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,817
So, thanksgiving week begins momentarily. I'm about to embark on a colossal week-long bender, I have 250ft of romex just waiting to be installed and I'm guessing 1 beer/5 feet is a safe bet.

Anyone want to wager on exactly how much I consume? :hi2u: Prizes will be worth your while.......

But anyways, thanksgiving dinner is my favorite dinner of the entire year, I love homemade stuffing with quite a passion :drool: not to mention my mother's pumpkin pie and all the assorted goodies my wife makes.

This'll be the first thanksgiving at the 'ranch, with the whole family as usual, and I'm looking forward to it :D

What are y'all doing for the lovely excuse to pig out?

Spending the day with the family, most likely. In the mean time, waiting for yet another storm to pass by here. :rolleyes:

OddFactor said:
Spending the day with the family, most likely. In the mean time, waiting for yet another storm to pass by here. :rolleyes:
Is that bitch coming up here?

And chikken: Everyone's coming to the ranch??? Its ready?

fly said:
Is that bitch coming up here?

And chikken: Everyone's coming to the ranch??? Its ready?

It's predicted to have the same path as Wilma.

Another drive 3 hours home. spend a few hours with my mother, a few with my father and grandmother. eat light at both places. Spend the rest of the week seeing how the place has changed and visting. I kind of want a family of my own to stop the madness. They can come visit me once. Maybe for once other than funerals and graduations they can stand each other for a few hours.

Sarcasmo said:
I'm going to see how many times I can rub one out in one day before it hurts too bad to concentrate.
Neutrogena

And I find little boy's mouths to be an especially good cleaneruper. Thank the maker you have one!

fly said:
Neutrogena

And I find little boy's mouths to be an especially good cleaneruper. Thank the maker you have one!

Bobo.jpg

I'll be over at my parents house. So far the menu looks something like this:

Dinner:
Turkey
Homemade Stuffing
Turkey gravy of course
Prime Rib with Horseradish sauce :drool:
Mashed Potatoes with a little bit of turnip for flavor
Roasted Carrots
Assorted pickles and sour tomatoes, Batampte Brand FTW.
Jello mould
Cranberry sauce if we remember to serve it, we usually forget half the time.

For dessert:
Homemade Rum Cake
Homemade Bourbon Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Cheescake
Chocolate Mousse cakes

For brunch the following day:
4 dozen scrambled eggs
Thick Cut Bacon :drool:
Quiche of some sort
Fresh Baked Croissant
Sticky Buns
Bagels
Lox
The usual accessories

I'm shooting for three plates of food at dinner, and three plates of food at Brunch.

We are going to Knyte's sisters for dinner on Thanksgiving (Her husband's family is coming and very into cooking, so it should be delicious) and then to my parents on Friday for the weekend where we will proceed to eat their leftovers for a couple days.

we're driving five hours to spange's aunt's and uncle's. they've been begging us for a year to come for thanksgiving, and now she's saying she doesn't feel like cooking the traditional meal. :( so, she wants to have gumbo. and not even on thanksgiving. she wants it on saturday.

I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR, AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any donations of leftover turkey will be gladly accepted so i can at least have a leftover turkey, mustard and mayo sandwich :( now, excuse me while i run off and cry and get it out of my system so i won't do it all next week. *sniffs*