Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I contacted some dudes that wanted a singer for just casual home-jamming. After seeing their set list I decided(with her permission) to throw the wife under the bus claiming, "the wife says she's not putting up with that shit again!"
I need to get back to work - I get in trouble staying home.:eek:
One time the BL of a band I played in kept asking me if my wife was cool with me gigging so late. (must have had his own women troubles in the past) one day I walk up to him and tell him I need to quit cause my wife is not okay with me gigging so late.

In reality I couldn't handle all the smoking they did. They were the best band I ever played with. Yes smoking bothers me that bad. It's the smoke not the tobacco. I can hardly stand next to a camp fire.

One time the BL of a band I played in kept asking me if my wife was cool with me gigging so late. (must have had his own women troubles in the past) one day I walk up to him and tell him I need to quit cause my wife is not okay with me gigging so late.

In reality I couldn't handle all the smoking they did. They were the best band I ever played with. Yes smoking bothers me that bad. It's the smoke not the tobacco. I can hardly stand next to a camp fire.
My issue with these dudes was the fucking music was so old. Del Shannon, CCR, Dobie Brothers? WTF - they(guys) are all like 15 years younger than me and I'm thinking any music more than 25 years old better be few and far between. My wife didn't care one way or the other. Actually just fine with it.
Yeah, not going to hang out in a basement full of smokers either. At last job whenever I got smokey smelling paperwork I'd run that shit through the copier immediatly and then wrap the original good in plastic before sending to the circular file.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD
My issue with these dudes was the fucking music was so old. Del Shannon, CCR, Dobie Brothers? WTF - they(guys) are all like 15 years younger than me and I'm thinking any music more than 25 years old better be few and far between. My wife didn't care one way or the other. Actually just fine with it.
Yeah, not going to hang out in a basement full of smokers either. At last job whenever I got smokey smelling paperwork I'd run that shit through the copier immediatly and then wrap the original good in plastic before sending to the circular file.
The smokers I told you about are all nearly twice my age. I loved the old country tunes. We're opposites, Ed!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
The smokers I told you about are all nearly twice my age. I loved the old country tunes. We're opposites, Ed!
I could accept it for country - really prefer old country if we're doing that. When I sit down at the piano it's usually classical. I just don't feel to play the rock of my youth - again.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
My mother has "invited" my son and I to do a trumpet duet for the Easter service at their church.

And by "invited", I believe that she has 1) told the pastor that we're doing it, and 2) selected the piece, and 3) let us know that we "totally can do it or not".

The venue doesn't matter, just jam out like you guys own it.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi

5D3D2025-365D-40FF-A037-111E9D07206F.jpeg

My mother has "invited" my son and I to do a trumpet duet for the Easter service at their church.

And by "invited", I believe that she has 1) told the pastor that we're doing it, and 2) selected the piece, and 3) let us know that we "totally can do it or not".
I should have known tooting runs in your family.

I quit the best band I was ever in because of the first wife’s screaming. I can’t really blame her. We were young and dumb, she didn’t work. I’d get home from work and practice two days a week until late, come home, bed. Gig every weekend. She finally said if you want to stay at practice, you can come home and spend the same amount of time with us. I tried and overslept and was late for work twice. That was all it took.

They did pretty well too, and none of the guys after me fit that well. I still talk to them 35+ years later. Ood guys, great musicians. Waaaaa

View attachment 10563

$7,000 plus.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Immigrant and adi