Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Observations

Fretted AND fretless, just not practical. Anyone who straps that on in public is just a fuckin show off. They’ll play it and the only people even mildly interested will be other musicians, probably other bass players. Normal people couldn’t care less or go oooh!

But to each their own. Most people that would really buy it would have it to talk about it or look at it, or show it to their friends, or whack off on it. It’s pretty enough, that’s for sure. If I win Powerball, I’ll do everyone in the world a favor and buy it, put some cute little panties on it, then throw it as hard as I can into a wood chipper.

Observations

Fretted AND fretless, just not practical. Anyone who straps that on in public is just a fuckin show off. They’ll play it and the only people even mildly interested will be other musicians, probably other bass players. Normal people couldn’t care less or go oooh!

But to each their own. Most people that would really buy it would have it to talk about it or look at it, or show it to their friends, or whack off on it. It’s pretty enough, that’s for sure. If I win Powerball, I’ll do everyone in the world a favor and buy it, put some cute little panties on it, then throw it as hard as I can into a wood chipper.

I'd save the hardware or turn the entire thing into a coffee table.

Like that only a lot faster. I wanna see bits flying out the chute into a dump truck.

Imagine the horrah! Buy a guitar a dude has cherished for years, and he tearfully watches from his window as he thinks you’re headed to your car, but RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGNAWGNAWGNAW ptoooey

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Like that only a lot faster. I wanna see bits flying out the chute into a dump truck.

Imagine the horrah! Buy a guitar a dude has cherished for years, and he tearfully watches from his window as he thinks you’re headed to your car, but RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGNAWGNAWGNAW ptoooey

Tell him , its easier to carry around this way.

Can wood chippers chip carbon fiber?

View attachment 10580View attachment 10581
Easy peasy - the better pro chippers have carbide tipped teeth. Small shop I worked at used to regrind those as a side, cash job occasionally. In other words - I had to regrind those fucks. Carbon fiber doesn't take nibbles that well. It's main strength lies in resisting flexing.