NSFW [SPAM Thread] WAW's colostomy bag. Spam here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant argue with this. And as mentioned, i dont have kids, so I havent run the pricing. I just see a ton of people that pay 35k a year for daycare, when one person could just not work, and they would actually have a net gain, both financially, and for the kid via 1 on 1 interaction.
This is what we did and why my wife sells adult novelties. It's profitable, in demand during a recession, and a fantastic tax write off. She works her own hours while the kids are doing other things. They're always doing stuff. Last week they took the train to the science museum downtown.

Where's the pride in 'achieving' a 'good looking' SO? :confused: Seems to me like that kind of 'pride' would be to try and make other people feel inferior or envious, which to me is not a good intent.

You implied pride in achieving a good looking SO, not I. I asked why being proud of your SO is insecurity, I said nothing about looks.

And if someone asked your name at a party and you said 'Dr Karen Smith' people would think you're an arrogant ass. Were they to call you and ask for your full title you would not sound like an ass. Difference.

At a party, I am usually introduced by the host and hostess. If I introduce myself to someone, usually immediately after is "so, what do you do?"

I think there's a difference between feeling pride in something and showing off though. If you get a PhD then of course you're proud, but introducing yourself to people by saying 'lol i have a phd' is just ridic.
People announce that they have a PhD all the time.

"Hi, I'm Dr. John Smith"

Duke has the wrong end of the argument. Bullets should still set off a metal detector., but a ceramic barrel would be interesting to see implemented. Maybe a laminated barrel would work.

Fabricating a fully-auto is what people should be concerned with.

All of the parts to make something "fully auto" would have to be metal to handle the stress.

The big freak outs everyone is having over "omg someone mades a gun wida printar" is because someone fabricated an AR-15 lower receiver with one. Which itself isn't even that impressive anyway, they've been doing polymer AR lowers for some time now. The lower is just the external frame which house the fire control group (trigger, etc) all of which are made of metal. This isn't even taking into account the barrel and bolt. There's no way you could fabricate those parts on a printer and have them work reliably, if at all.

Last edited:
Separated out, bullets wont set off a metal detector. I dont know how much you travel, but i can walk through every single metal detector with a moderate belt buckle, and a heavy watch on and not have it go off. A single bullet is much less massive than either of those.

Metal detectors are set to quite a low sensitivity, id wager you could get 5-10 bullets through without setting it off if they were separated out.

Separated out, bullets wont set off a metal detector. I dont know how much you travel, but i can walk through every single metal detector with a moderate belt buckle, and a heavy watch on and not have it go off. A single bullet is much less massive than either of those.

Metal detectors are set to quite a low sensitivity, id wager you could get 5-10 bullets through without setting it off if they were separated out.

Everytime I've worn a belt, the metal detector went off....and I have about as minimalist of a belt buckle as you can get.

type of metal make a difference, im not sure.

this is what mine looks like

black_latigo_belt.jpg

I travel about once to twice a month

Status
Not open for further replies.