Ontopic Sous Vide Thread

all im getting at is that food that sits around for weeks, no matter what it is, generally doesnt taste/mouthfeel so good compared to fresh.

It’s my boyfriends bday today and I decided last night that I wanted to him this instead of the golf stuff

Maybe if he doesn’t like the fetus boiler you can return it and get him a vacuum cleaner instead.

You must have some wild ass poonanny if he’d be okay with getting a kitchen item instead of golf accessories.

The power of the poon is underestimated.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
all im getting at is that food that sits around for weeks, no matter what it is, generally doesnt taste/mouthfeel so good compared to fresh.
Not sure why this continues. Eggs are pretty damn stable, and both myself and @tre have made, stored, eaten, and enjoyed them. So we're providing you light scientific data, as well as boots on the ground data. Stop ASAing...

Maybe if he doesn’t like the fetus boiler you can return it and get him a vacuum cleaner instead.

You must have some wild ass poonanny if he’d be okay with getting a kitchen item instead of golf accessories.

The power of the poon is underestimated.
The gf gets me kitchen shit all the time - cookbooks, gadgets, etc. It's appreciated, because cooking is awesome.

Not sure why this continues. Eggs are pretty damn stable, and both myself and @tre have made, stored, eaten, and enjoyed them. So we're providing you light scientific data, as well as boots on the ground data. Stop ASAing...
Leave a sous vide egg bite in the fridge for half a year and see what happens, might be interesting.

Fun fact: I forgot about my jar of Ruhlmann egg nog back during christmas, it's now 2.5 years old, and still looks OK.

Leave a sous vide egg bite in the fridge for half a year and see what happens, might be interesting.

Fun fact: I forgot about my jar of Ruhlmann egg nog back during christmas, it's now 2.5 years old, and still looks OK.
I'm guessing it would be fine. Either way, nothing is going to happen in a couple of weeks...

Good point about the nog. I think the Cooks Illustrated version requires 2-3 weeks as a minimum.

SOMETIMES I COOK TURKEY SAUSAGE AND THERE'S NO GREASE.
Time to compensate.

Get yourself some salted fat back pork, cut it into 3/8" cubes and fry them up until they're golden brown, then drain them on some paper towel. You'll have the fine newfie dish called "scrunchions", aka "pork crack"

Flour and fry some fish in the big pile of lard that's behind, or hell, just fry some fish sticks in it. Fry some hash browns or fries too. You'll probably eat about half the scruncheons while you're frying this stuff up. Throw everything on a plate and cover it with tartar sauce.

It's the most unhealthy thing you've probably eaten in months, but trust me, it's worth it.

Time to compensate.

Get yourself some salted fat back pork, cut it into 3/8" cubes and fry them up until they're golden brown, then drain them on some paper towel. You'll have the fine newfie dish called "scrunchions", aka "pork crack"

Flour and fry some fish in the big pile of lard that's behind, or hell, just fry some fish sticks in it. Fry some hash browns or fries too. You'll probably eat about half the scruncheons while you're frying this stuff up. Throw everything on a plate and cover it with tartar sauce.

It's the most unhealthy thing you've probably eaten in months, but trust me, it's worth it.
I was just kidding. I'd never eat anything as gross as turkey sausage.

• Gravy
The gf gets me kitchen shit all the time - cookbooks, gadgets, etc. It's appreciated, because cooking is awesome.

You guys are on a higher culture level than me. If my imaginary GF gave me a cooking gadget for a gift, she’d likely get a makeup mirror or gift certificate to a facelift center later.

Hence my (happy) singleness.

• Gravy