Ontopic Sous Vide Thread

the consistency doesnt degrade? I understand that they dont spoil, but i imagine they could degrade in quality
Eggs are shelf stable man, so why would they degrade? Last time we talked about this, I think you asked if they ended up like soup. I really feel that you're not grasping any of this.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
shelf stable in their hermetically sealed shells. Unless im missing this, you're not doing this in the shell are you?

shelf stable in their hermetically sealed shells. Unless im missing this, you're not doing this in the shell are you?
Think this through man. Eggs are relatively shelf stable. They are then cooked and pasteurized in a sealed glass Mason jar, which is also hermetically sealed. Do you really think that would 'break down' in a matter of weeks?

Think this through man. Eggs are relatively shelf stable. They are then cooked and pasteurized in a sealed glass Mason jar, which is also hermetically sealed. Do you really think that would 'break down' in a matter of weeks?
They won't grow mold or anything, but eventually the proteins will denature and you'll end up with a disgusting liquid with floatey bits that's perfectly safe to eat.

They won't grow mold or anything, but eventually the proteins will denature and you'll end up with a disgusting liquid with floatey bits that's perfectly safe to eat.

i've had sous vide egg bites three weeks after i made them, and they were not that way at all. i don't know how long domon wants to keep them for but they hold up pretty well.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL

You just reminded me to pick up some denatured alcohol.
Thanks.